Best wireless controller

Last response: in Video Games
a b F Wireless
June 11, 2005 8:15:23 PM

I will be getting a xbox at the end of the month and would like to know what
is the best wireless controller (or should I even get one)?

More about : wireless controller

Anonymous
a b F Wireless
June 13, 2005 2:22:33 PM

"grinder" <seagle@earthlink.invalid> wrote in message
>I will be getting a xbox at the end of the month and would like to know
>what is the best wireless controller (or should I even get one)?

I've used the Pelican ones (available at wal-mart and lots of other places,
if you've seen them). Overall I'm not satisfied; if the cordless phone
rings, one of them quits working and starts causing interence on the line.
The one with rumble motors (the clear one doesn't have rumble support) eats
batteries of you have the rumble turned on. The clear one also loses signal
if you hold it in your lap/close to your body. I haven't tried the Logitech
ones, but read they are quite nice. I said screw the wireless stuff for now
though and have 3 genuine S-type controllers (by far the best controller)
and one of the old huge ones. It may get replaced by a Logitech. My
solution was to move my couch a bit closer to the TV, but the cord extenders
are an option as well. HTH
Anonymous
a b F Wireless
June 13, 2005 7:43:23 PM

"Durtmann" <d@y> wrote in message

> "grinder" <seagle@earthlink.invalid> wrote in message
>>I will be getting a xbox at the end of the month and would like to know
>>what is the best wireless controller (or should I even get one)?
>>

> I've used the Pelican ones (available at wal-mart and lots of other
> places, if you've seen them). Overall I'm not satisfied; if the cordless
> phone rings, one of them quits working and starts causing interence on the
> line. The one with rumble motors (the clear one doesn't have rumble
> support) eats batteries of you have the rumble turned on. The clear one
> also loses signal if you hold it in your lap/close to your body. I
> haven't tried the Logitech ones, but read they are quite nice. I said
> screw the wireless stuff for now though and have 3 genuine S-type
> controllers (by far the best controller) and one of the old huge ones. It
> may get replaced by a Logitech. My solution was to move my couch a bit
> closer to the TV, but the cord extenders are an option as well. HTH

I don't plan on playing on line any time soon so the interference problem is
a non-issue. I just want to limit the number of cords running across the
floor. I guess I will have to wait.
!