Sign in with
Sign up | Sign in
Your question
Solved

I7 920 3D Mark

Last response: in CPUs
Share
August 13, 2012 11:23:48 PM

Just wondering if my cpu is performing up to par. I've compared my scores with a few people and something seems off, gpu score seems fine. http://www.3dmark.com/3dm11/3894507

Thanks in advance ;) 

More about : 920 mark

a c 375 à CPUs
August 14, 2012 3:40:57 AM

Even though the graph shows you low, I don't think the scores are all that bad. But, that is with an O/C of 4GHZ. The GPU score is great. I think their graph is off.
Run 3DMarkVantage and see what your CPU score reads.

m
0
l
August 14, 2012 11:45:52 PM

clutchc said:
Even though the graph shows you low, I don't think the scores are all that bad. But, that is with an O/C of 4GHZ. The GPU score is great. I think their graph is off.
Run 3DMarkVantage and see what your CPU score reads.


i downloaded the basic edition, It runs fine till the loading screen of the second cpu bench, where it locks up. Not sure if it's a issue with 3Dmark or what. I've had no issues with my overclock to date, prime, bf3 for hours, not one BSOD; Knock on wood. Any ideas>
m
0
l
Related resources

Best solution

a c 375 à CPUs
August 15, 2012 12:02:20 AM

No. But that is really strange that 3DMarkVantage locked up your system. I've built many a system and always run 3DMarkVantage for one of my benchmarks before letting them out the door. Never once has it ever locked up a system. Of course, the ones I run it on usually contain nothing much more than Win7. Maybe you need to do a thorough cleaning of your system. I like to run CCleaner to rid the system of resource wasting crap and registry errors: http://www.piriform.com/CCLEANER Do the Clean & Registry both.

Maybe you need to do a clean graphic driver re-install. Have you ever run Driver Sweeper? http://phyxion.net/Downloads/ Uninstall the existing driver, run DS from safe mode, let it remove any Nvidia, AMD, and ATI graphic driver remnants it finds, reboot, install the latest driver for your card and O/S.
Share
August 15, 2012 12:08:04 AM

clutchc said:
No. But that is really strange that 3DMarkVantage locked up your system. I've built many a system and always run 3DMarkVantage for one of my benchmarks before letting them out the door. Never once has it ever locked up a system. Of course, the ones I run it on usually contain nothing much more than Win7. Maybe you need to do a thorough cleaning of your system. I like to run CCleaner to rid the system of resource wasting crap and registry errors: http://www.piriform.com/CCLEANER Do the Clean & Registry both.

Maybe you need to do a clean graphic driver re-install. Have you ever run Driver Sweeper? http://phyxion.net/Downloads/ Uninstall the existing driver, run DS from safe mode, let it remove any Nvidia, AMD, and ATI graphic driver remnants it finds, reboot, install the latest driver for your card and O/S.


Yes i'm puzzled myself, I did do a clean install of my drivers when i upgraded from my 560 ti to the 670. Like it said heaven, prime, 3dmark11 no issues. Maybe i have a bad vantage client? In the meantime i will get ccleaner; btw should everything be checked on the left when i analyze?
m
0
l
a c 375 à CPUs
August 15, 2012 12:20:01 AM

steven467 said:
btw should everything be checked on the left when i analyze?

If you're refering to CCleaner's interface, no. Just leave the default items for now.
m
0
l
August 15, 2012 12:46:35 AM

clutchc said:
If you're refering to CCleaner's interface, no. Just leave the default items for now.


Ok used cleaner and reg. All cleaned. Re-ran 3dmark11 with no gain. Knocked gtx 670 back to default from overclock and ran vantage, still program stops responding at second cpu loading screen. Loading bar never fills up. Not sure what to do from here.
m
0
l
a c 375 à CPUs
August 15, 2012 12:56:53 AM

Other than doing the Driver Sweeper suggestion, I'll have to go 'back to the drawing board'. Do you have a lot of items checked in System Confuguration/Startup? Stuff you can uncheck? Mine only has 6 items checked for a comparison.
m
0
l
August 15, 2012 1:14:01 AM

clutchc said:
Other than doing the Driver Sweeper suggestion, I'll have to go 'back to the drawing board'. Do you have a lot of items checked in System Confuguration/Startup? Stuff you can uncheck? Mine only has 6 items checked for a comparison.


I have 10 checked, 3 of which are for the lcd on my logitech keyboard.
m
0
l
August 27, 2012 9:24:55 PM

So i decided to remove one of my 4x4gb sticks so i only have 12gb; mind you it was in triple channel mode before and after.
http://www.3dmark.com/3dm11/4235165, odd that cpu likes less memory?
m
0
l
a c 375 à CPUs
August 27, 2012 9:53:13 PM

steven467 said:
So i decided to remove one of my 4x4gb sticks so i only have 12gb; mind you it was in triple channel mode before and after.
http://www.3dmark.com/3dm11/4235165, odd that cpu likes less memory?

I'm at a loss as to the memory change making a difference like that. But on the whole, those are some very good numbers with 3DMark11. I guess my own machine needs a little work. My scores from several months ago: http://www.3dmark.com/3dm11/3486225 ...with 2 GTX 570s. So, you're looking good.

But I disagree with their graph showing where your machine ranks with others. Why would mine show up near the top of the averages and yours show up in the bottom? Unless I'm not reading it correctly.
m
0
l
August 28, 2012 2:23:24 AM

Been leaning toward getting a i7 3770k in a couple weeks, and with intel's next gen a ways off would it be worth it in your opinion? for gaming and such?
m
0
l
a c 375 à CPUs
August 28, 2012 2:40:44 AM

steven467 said:
Been leaning toward getting a i7 3770k in a couple weeks, and with intel's next gen a ways off would it be worth it in your opinion? for gaming and such?

If gaming is your main reason for the switch, I'd wait for Haswell. There is no game your i7-920 will struggle at paired with a good graphics card (such as the one you have) on a single monitor. Of course, if you want to do your part to stimulate the economy... ;) 
m
0
l
August 28, 2012 2:46:01 AM

Yeah your probally right, Still skyrim seems to drag from time to time in towns, I have alot of graphics mods. Gpu no where near 100% at this time. Guess its just a skyrim thing.
m
0
l
a c 375 à CPUs
August 28, 2012 3:03:56 AM

steven467 said:
Yeah your probally right, Still skyrim seems to drag from time to time in towns, I have alot of graphics mods. Gpu no where near 100% at this time. Guess its just a skyrim thing.

I haven't got Skyrim, but I've heard it has those issues. What rez is your monitor?
m
0
l
August 28, 2012 3:06:09 AM

clutchc said:
I haven't got Skyrim, but I've heard it has those issues. What rez is your monitor?


1920 x 1200 res
m
0
l
a c 375 à CPUs
October 6, 2012 3:33:27 PM

ilikegirls said:
Hey guys, I just stumbled onto this thread and I compared your score with mine and now mine seems low too low...

can you guys take a look and let me know what you think?!

Thanks :) 

http://www.3dmark.com/3dm11/4574326?loginkey=KdqaGRfd21...

Yeah, that's alot lower than it should be with that system. Maybe when they see a driver that's not yet approved, they weight the score differently. I don't know.

Could be you have too much crap running in the background when you run the test. I like to keep my system clean of 'extras', and I like to run CCleaner and do a disk defrag just before the test. You might want to run a FULL virus scan too and see if anything is eating your resources. Also, run MalwareBytes to remove any crap hogging more resources.
m
0
l
!