Sign in with
Sign up | Sign in
Your question

Disable in private viewing windows 7

Last response: in Windows 7
Share
January 15, 2010 3:35:04 PM

hi, does anybody know how to disable the in private viewing option on ie8 for windows7? i seen a lot of posts about reg edits but it only seems to work with xp and vista?
a b $ Windows 7
January 16, 2010 9:42:28 AM

This might work...
Click Start > Search programs and files
Type: GPEDIT.MSC and press Enter
User Configuration > Administrative Templates > Windows Components > Internet Explorer > InPrivate

Turn off InPrivate Browsing: Enabled

m
0
l
a b $ Windows 7
January 16, 2010 9:46:32 AM

Why would you want to disable it? It sounds like a great aid to personal privacy.
m
0
l
Related resources
January 16, 2010 10:02:43 AM

Ijack said:
Why would you want to disable it? It sounds like a great aid to personal privacy.



Lots of reasons.
1. Small business environment
2. Children
3. Public Computer
4. Nosey Spouse (hey it could happen I guess lol)
m
0
l
a b $ Windows 7
January 16, 2010 10:04:57 AM

Nosiness - I understand.
m
0
l
a b $ Windows 7
January 16, 2010 10:16:59 AM

boonality, Nosy Spouse - you can't have a nosy spouse, if you're not married.
Children - See above.
Public Computer - Usually blocked from user modifications. They usually require Administrator privileges.
Small business environment - oops you're fired. :) 


m
0
l
January 16, 2010 10:26:16 AM

Gandalf said:
boonality, Nosy Spouse - you can't have a nosy spouse, if you're not married.

I was by no means referring to anyone specific, sorry but you are not everyone.

Gandalf said:
Children - See above.

Again, not being specific here.

Gandalf said:
Public Computer - Usually blocked from user modifications. They usually require Administrator privileges.

Yes but the administrator may need to set policy locally and this is one way to do so.

Gandalf said:
Small business environment - oops you're fired. :) 

This only holds up if you have a specifically written acceptable use policy, and most likely a laywer too.

So uh, what was the point of your reply? All I gathered is that you figured I was directly speaking about how you would use this feature? Your not even the OP, nor are you the person asking why someone would want to do this.
m
0
l
August 23, 2012 8:06:35 PM

Gandalf said:
This might work...
Click Start > Search programs and files
Type: GPEDIT.MSC and press Enter
User Configuration > Administrative Templates > Windows Components > Internet Explorer > InPrivate

Turn off InPrivate Browsing: Enabled



Superstar, thanks.
m
0
l
!