G

Is there a prog that will treat my CDRW as a backup device when I use Windows Backup? DirectCD only works with Adaptec Drives.

tartarhus

Distinguished
Apr 4, 2001
Backup any window's installation to cdrom with drive image pro 4. It's very easy to use. Ghost also works, but i perfer drive image's interface.

-- Chaos is the better order.

G

i'd prefer to have the physical files as opposed to the drive image. i'm very surprised that there are no programs that do the same thing as Windows Backup but for a CDRW drive.

blah

Distinguished
Dec 31, 2007
Man, use any drive, folder, whatever, and burn it onto you CDRW as you wish. Don't sweat too much, it is easier than you think... heh, when you need to un-back it, point to the CD that you have burned, it will pick it from there, I have done it a lot of time, but backup does not work well enough for me, so I use Zip drive for my important files, and system restoring takes 10 minutes (1 gig of info) with the Ghost, I don’t spend 2 hours any more to set the machine up and configure it with the software. I do it once, Ghost it into the drive, burn the file onto CD and have different configs if I need to install W2k or W98Se or ME, or whatever, and it takes only 5-10 minutes to restore (when my something gets screwed up) instead of hours. Have fun.

Post, we'll do the "search"... :wink: