user accounts and internet connection

I have a home PC with Win XP Professional and Internet Explorer 6. I
have a dial-up internet connection, set up at the time by someone from
my ISP. Now I want to make a second user account on the PC, which I
would want to use the same dial-up connection.
I seem to run into problems. Is it possible, that the first user
account or dial-up connection was set up in such a way, that later
user accounts on the PC can not use that same dial-up connection? And
how can I rectify that?
Thanks in advance
Roger.

Keep a Dial-Up Connection Open for All Users
http://www.microsoft.com/windowsxp/using/networking/learnmore/tips/theriot1.mspx

[Courtesy of MS-MVP Kelly Theriot]

--
Carey Frisch
Microsoft MVP

Be Smart! Protect Your PC!

"Roger Van Loon" wrote:

| I have a home PC with Win XP Professional and Internet Explorer 6. I
| have a dial-up internet connection, set up at the time by someone from
| my ISP. Now I want to make a second user account on the PC, which I
| would want to use the same dial-up connection.
| I seem to run into problems. Is it possible, that the first user
| account or dial-up connection was set up in such a way, that later
| user accounts on the PC can not use that same dial-up connection? And
| how can I rectify that?
| Thanks in advance
| Roger.

Thanks, Carey, I did look it up, but I don't think that my problem is
the same.
My problem is that the second user account can't connect to the
Internet at all, using that same dial-up internet connection that was
set up by the original user. (Nothing to do with fast user switching).
I suppose that, when this first user account was configured, in the
New Connection Wizard, the option "use this account name and password
when anyone connects to the internet from this computer" was
unchecked, and/or elsewhere the option was checked: "Save this user
name and password for the following users: me only". Can this be
undone (by the original user account)?
Sorry if this sounds stupid, but I'm a newbie.
Thanks again,
Roger.

--
There's more than money to be looked for in this short life of ours

hi roger,
I like you are having the same problem. I don't want to have to be on call
as administrator every time someone in my household wants to get an internet
connection under their user account but I don't want to give them access to
my account just to log on. Have been through so many questions and answers
and none seems to relate to what seems to be our problem. Have you found any
answers yet?