Sign in with
Your question

Corsair GS 700 or CoolerMaster Silent Pro M700

Last response: in Components
August 13, 2012 11:45:00 PM

http://img.tomshardware.com/forum/uk/icones/smilies/hel... So I've been checking PSUs lately and this question has been doing circles on my head. Which one is better on single and dual GPU configurations. I see that the Silent Pro is 80+Bronze and "SLI certified" while the Corsair GS is a step below on efficiency but it has 6 more amps on the 12V+ rail and that better... right??

One last thing, the question is between this two, I know there may be better options out there but I just want two know which one is better between those two

*I'm talking about the GS first gen, second gen I think is pretty much clear
a b ) Power supply
August 14, 2012 12:19:52 AM

i would trust corsair much more than cooler master, CM has a history of poor quality PSU's
a c 164 ) Power supply
August 14, 2012 1:46:41 AM

both platforms have good reviews so while cooler master may have some sub par PSU out there, the silent pro is not one of them. efficiency isn't really an issue since at 50% load the two PSU are around 1% of each other.

the main difference is the the cooler master is modular and offers a 5 year warranty while the corsair is not modular and only offers a 3 year warranty. if those factor in to your decision then the choice is simple. I've built with the corsair GS series before and would have no problem recommending it or building with it again.
August 14, 2012 2:49:47 AM

ct1615 said:

the main difference is the the cooler master is modular and offers a 5 year warranty while the corsair is not modular and only offers a 3 year warranty. if those factor in to your decision then the choice is simple. I've built with the corsair GS series before and would have no problem recommending it or building with it again.

I really haven't put the warranty into consideration, those two extra years may be a helping hand later. You convinced me, off for the Silent Pro
Thanks!
!