Porkandbeans

Honorable
Feb 23, 2012
Hello,

first the items im trying to combine

MSi p67A-GD53

and 2
Geforce gtx 570 gainward phantoms

i have an sli bridge too (how can i tell its going from card a to card b the right way?)

the main problem, the computer does not find anything in the second pci-e slot, it sees the first slot fine, i cant find any switch on the mobo to switch it to two card mode if it has one

Porkandbeans

Honorable
Feb 23, 2012
i believe its the 6 and 8 pin.....
not sure
to put it one way, the first gfx card has a cable running from inside the box, and ending with a 6 and 8 pin labeled pci-e
the second one is a similar cable (ending with pci-e and 6 and 8 pins) but i have to plug it into the psu through some red pin sockets of 8 if that makes any sense
either way the fans are on, on the card

ShadyHamster

Distinguished
i know its a dumb question, but do you have the full 8pin 12v power cable connect to the motherboard? i did a quick search of your motherboard and it has a cover over 4 of the 4pins, you need to remove that little cover and install the 8pin cable.

Porkandbeans

Honorable
Feb 23, 2012
if you mean the one in the corner with all the audio and usb ports, then yeah i removed that and im using the full 8, not sure why its covered in that picture (googled) dont think mine came with a cover.

finished updating the BIOS and all other mobo drivers, not having any luck yet looking through the settings

ill pick up again tommorrow evening, please leave more helpful suggestions ^^

Porkandbeans

Honorable
Feb 23, 2012
see if i can bump this back to the front of this forum area,

still having trouble with this issue, a fella suggested it might be integrated graphics on the mobo, but im not finding any in the BIOS or otherwise so i suspect its not there

MSI P67A-GD53 is the model if anyone knows for sure

the BIOS for this is funny too, it has its own GUI

anyway please leave some suggestions, its driving me crazy!

Don't...
Bump posts
http://www.tomshardware.com/forum/283384-33-read-first

What PSU are you using?

ShadyHamster

Distinguished
have you tried running just a single card in the 2nd pcie port? also make sure the card is seated in the slot nicely.

check if you get any POST beeps with the single card in the 2nd pcie port, if you get beeps but no display then there is probably a problem with the port.