Decent video card for low price?

mastertrumpet1

Honorable
Feb 23, 2012
do you guys know any decent video card for a low price, Im trying to find one under $100 and run games like starcraft 2 minecraft, team fortress 2.

here is what i have.
CPU- AMD Phenom II X4 830 Processor at 2.80GHz
ram- corsair XMS3 ddr3 4GB
Motherboard- Biostar N68S3B
PSU-Diablotek DA series 400W

monsta

Splendid
Im not too familiar with your psu but 400 watts should be enough as long as you arent doing overclocking and have too many other perpherals in your system. 450 Watt is recommended but you can get away with it.
You can always go for something lower than a 6770

NO! Your Diablotek PSU-shaped object will blow chunks on just about anything. It is not fit to power computer equipment. It might...might run a HD6670; problem is, it is such junk it may die anyway for no apparent reason (actually, the freezer in the basement cycled on), and when it does it is likely to take other parts with it. Add another $45 to your budget and pick up an Antec Earthwatts or Corsair Builder; then you can get a HD6770 or whatever will fit in your budget.

festerovic

Distinguished
Predicition: you are going to kill the PSU.

The card can max at 150 watts, the CPU is 130 watts (i believe) leaving around 120 watts before hitting max. AMD recommends a 450 watt PSU for this card. I would say its doable but you are at risk.

Does your budget allow for a new PSU?