Status
Not open for further replies.

diddle283

Distinguished
Nov 11, 2011
Hey,

I've just built a new system with my old gtx 560 ti in it. I just have about enough of my build budget left for another gtx 560 ti

Intel i5 2500k
asrock extreme 3 gen 3
16 gb gskill (overkill i know)
Cm 212 evo cooler
gtx 560ti
Ocz 550w psu

I really don't have enough budget left for a bigger psu, can I get away with what I have or is their really not enough power for a second card?

Solution
No don't do it without power supply you are running a tight line as it is if you overclock all this. I would not do SLI with less than a 650 but would really reccomend 750 as to not have the power supply working as hard. Nice setup though.

Thent
No don't do it without power supply you are running a tight line as it is if you overclock all this. I would not do SLI with less than a 650 but would really reccomend 750 as to not have the power supply working as hard. Nice setup though.

Thent

Solution

diddle283

Distinguished
Nov 11, 2011
Bah! Thanks for response. I was pretty certain I needed more but was worth checking. Ill save my money and.may upgrade next month. On the positive side at least I don't have to rewire, will be a nightmare having to undo all the current cables and install a new set!

Status
Not open for further replies.