Sign in with
Your question

Looking for a 2.5mm/3.5mm microphone. What to get?

Last response: in Components
Anonymous
August 14, 2012 7:30:34 AM

Hi, I'm looking to buy a microphone for high quality YouTube video production and in-game use. Right now I have a cheapo Zalman clip-on that doesn't cut it for quality's sake. I'd like to get something to use my Xonar Essence STX drivers with (non-USB) and have no idea where to start looking for such things. Is there something with enough of a "range" to catch my voice and have on my desk for it to be good enough while gaming so I don't have to enunciate things badly, but also great enough of quality?

More about : 5mm 5mm microphone

Anonymous
August 14, 2012 7:45:09 AM

I'm definitely fine with dumping 100 bucks into a mic, by the way. If it means I can achieve what I stated. Of course that is massive overkill, but I have money to blow. Ratings don't sit with me right on that mic considering I'd like to do HD videos
m
l
Related resources
Anonymous
August 14, 2012 8:02:01 AM

The meteor is a cool concept. However USB I'm not a fan of.

Something like this seems to be an EXCELLENT midground though. I don't know terribly much about specs however. Being that it will only be 1-2 feet away from my face, does this look good?

http://www.amazon.com/Audio-Technica-Stereo-Condenser-M...
m
l
Anonymous
August 14, 2012 8:04:24 AM

It comes with a stand. Shows down at the accessories label. Anyone else have input for this mic? This one seems like the ticket.
m
l
August 14, 2012 8:04:37 AM

Should be good enough if you buy the stand with it...
m
l
Anonymous
August 20, 2012 8:02:19 PM

So anyway, I ordered this microphone, maxed out every setting possible, and it's incredibly low on volume. Mic boost is on and any other option possible from my drivers/windows settings is maxed out... The only way to get anything decent out of it is to have it sitting right in front of my face.

Sigh, is there any type of third party program that would boost the volume of this even further? This is extremely disappointing. Or something else someone has tried with just a basic computer setup that is going to have enough potential adjustment to use while gaming and also lower down the sound to bring closer to me for recording?
m
l
!