Status
Not open for further replies.

ChrisUlrich

Honorable
Feb 21, 2012
Do I have to completely turn the case upside in order to clean the bottom mesh of dust? As in turn off PC, remove power cable, turn completely upside down, and somehow remove mesh with the little room I have between the case and the way bottom?

I have had it about 2 months now but I have an African Grey relatively close to the PC (6-7 feet). The dust is definitely restrictying airflowas temps have gone up unquestionably.

Solution
Firstly the case you are talking about is not sold by Thermaltake, the brand name you are looking for is Silverstone.

Now to answer your question, you need to remove the right side panel and there is a tab sticking out slightly from the bottom of the fans, if you grab those and pull the dust filters will come out.
Hopefully this picture is a clear enough illustration:
http://www.planet3dnow.de/photoplog/file.php?n=9982&w=o
Firstly the case you are talking about is not sold by Thermaltake, the brand name you are looking for is Silverstone.

Now to answer your question, you need to remove the right side panel and there is a tab sticking out slightly from the bottom of the fans, if you grab those and pull the dust filters will come out.
Hopefully this picture is a clear enough illustration:
http://www.planet3dnow.de/photoplog/file.php?n=9982&w=o

Solution

ChrisUlrich

Honorable
Feb 21, 2012
My mistake... I owned a Thermaltake before this Silverstone. hahahah Whoops!

Well, thank you so much for the help! The picture was perfect.

Cleaning was INCREDIBLY easy. And I CANNOT BELIEVE HOW EFFICIENT the dust mesh catcher is. I had the side panel opened so I thought I would clean the inside. Well, there's barely ANY DUST to clean. This case is incredible... just incredible. I could not be happier with this purchase.

Also, temps are back to normal. Low and where they should be! The dust was really caked in. GPU went down 13 degrees and CPU went down 7! Unbelievable!

Status
Not open for further replies.