Fan Problems

RyeZX

Honorable
Aug 13, 2012
I am building my own computer and i have three built in fans but I have four slots and this is where the problems start to occur, these are the slots that i have:
CHA_FAN1
CHA_FAN2
CPU_FAN
PWR_FAN
but on my PSU it hase a cable that connects to an adapter connected to the fans but i am not sure if this would work. Also i am quite confused to what the PWR_FAN is - also the built in fans that i have are three pins but the two connectors are 4 pins, i have heard that i could use the three pins on the four pins as long as i make sure that the ground is connected.

it is not fully built yet as you can probably tell from the post but if you need them here are the specs so far:

Processor: Intel 3rd Generation Core i5-3570K CPU (4 x 3.40GHz, Ivy Bridge, Socket 1155, 6Mb L3 Cache, Intel Turbo Boost Technology 2.0)

Motherboard: Asus P8Z68-V LX Motherboard (Socket 1155, DDR3, 2 x PCI Express 2.0 x16, ATX, LucidLogix Virtu)

Hard Drive: Western Digital Scorpio 500GB

Sound Card: Trust SC-5100 5.1 Surround Sound Card

Optical Drive: Asus DRW-24B5ST 24x Internal SATA DVD Drive

PSU: Corsair CMPSU-600CXV2UK Builder Series 600W Power Supply

Case: Sharkoon T9 ATX Midi Tower Case - Red

Sorry for the long winded message but i really need help.
Thanks in advance.

RyeZX

Honorable
Aug 13, 2012
Also coming out of my PSU I have 2 cables labled 'PCI-E' but I do not know where to plug them in or what they do - if anyone can help please leave a reply i really need help, never build a computer before.
Thanks! :bounce:

RyeZX

Honorable
Aug 13, 2012

Thanks, this was very helpful will check the manual now and i have not recieved my graphics card yet thats why it was not listed. Onecle again thanks for the help! :bounce: