Budget Graphics card

Status
Not open for further replies.

mastertrumpet1

Honorable
Feb 23, 2012
Do you guys know any low-end budget graphics card that doesnt require a strong psu. I don't want anything that is super extream but something that will run games like starcraft 2 maybe on high without any lag and its pretty cheap. I have a 400Watt psu. Its one of those lame psu that came with the case. Its a peace a trash but I want to go in with the graphics card before upgrading my psu

loneninja

Distinguished
If we knew what the rest of your system was it would help us give advice because we have no idea how much power your computer is currently drawing. We also don't know if your PSU has a 6pin power connector for a video card or not.

With that said, the Radeon 7750 is currently the most powerful card that doesn't require a 6pin connector off the PSU, a 6770 would be a little more powerful while also cheaper, but that requires the 6pin connector. I doubt a generic PSU can power anything better than the 6770, I think an equivelant Nvidia card right now would be a Geforce 550.

mastertrumpet1

Honorable
Feb 23, 2012
CPU- AMD Phenom II X4 830 Processor at 2.80GHz
ram- corsair XMS3 ddr3 4GB
Motherboard- Biostar N68S3B
PSU-Diablotek DA series 400W

thats what my computer have. but like i said the PSU is trash. and it doesn't have a 6pin connector i believe.

mastertrumpet1

Honorable
Feb 23, 2012
ohhh i see. Is it to much stress if i use the 7750 with my psu? I know i need to upgrade it but if it can handle it at the moment then i will consider buying one later but i will buy one for sure.

Status
Not open for further replies.