GTA:San Andreas on sale for $29.99 at CompUSA this week.

Archived from groups: comp.sys.ibm.pc.games.action,alt.games.video.xbox (More info?)

That is if you can find them.

"Hank the Rapper" <xflopgoon@REMOVEyahoo.com> wrote in message
> That is if you can find them.

Sale starting today (sunday)?

Archived from groups: comp.sys.ibm.pc.games.action,alt.games.video.xbox (More info?)

On Sun, 12 Jun 2005 12:47:51 -0700, "bioderm"
<shavolsky@ladavisky.com> wrote:

>"Hank the Rapper" <xflopgoon@REMOVEyahoo.com> wrote in message
>> That is if you can find them.
>>

>Sale starting today (sunday)?

Yes !

John Lewis

Archived from groups: comp.sys.ibm.pc.games.action,alt.games.video.xbox (More info?)

On Sun, 12 Jun 2005 13:04:12 -0600, "Hank the Rapper"
<xflopgoon@REMOVEyahoo.com> wrote:

>That is if you can find them.

I think that I need to ask permission from Wally (" Walter Mitty" )
and Sailor ( "i own a yacht") before I go down to CompUSA.

They don't like me buying PC games at sale prices....because
they think that my persistent habits of buying things on sale robs the
developers......... Smart shopping, I call it....

However, in the case of the just-released San Andreas for the PC
and Xbox, I am certain that CompUSA paid the going distributor
price on a currently-very-hot title and are using this week's sale as
a loss-leader to get customers into the store - start of the school
vacation and the usual computer-store summer doldrums here.

OTOH, Wally and BoatAnchor's attitudes are more likely to be
"sour grapes".I think that they may live in parts of the world that
never have aggressive retail discount-sales on PC-related products..

BTW, HL2 is on sale again this weekend thru Tuesday at $37.99 in
Fry's. Last weekend too........ or maybe it was the weekend before.

John Lewis

i own a yacht wrote:
> In comp.sys.ibm.pc.games.action John Lewis <john.dsl@verizon.net> wrote:
>
> > They don't like me buying PC games at sale prices....because
> > they think that my persistent habits of buying things on sale robs the
> > developers......... Smart shopping, I call it....
>
> call it whatever you want, it still makes you a cheap bastard who has
> little room to talk on the morality involved in financially supporting
> developers.

Your argument might have a point *if* developers were hurt financially
when their works are put on sale. Unfortunately for your argument, the
store has already paid the developer, so putting it on sale only hurts
the store.

In article <7%5re.101$or6.0@fe39.usenetserver.com>,
i own a yacht <me@privacy.net> wrote:

>call it whatever you want, it still makes you a cheap bastard who has
>little room to talk on the morality involved in financially supporting
>developers. especially when you've admitted that the majority of your
>collection is made up of used games and the developers and publishers of
>those games receive absolutely nothing when you buy them.

If your primary motivation is to support game developers, you should
send them a check rather than go hunting for the most expensive
version of their games. Chances are that the game store takes a nice
chunk of the extra price anyway, and some is inevitably lost to sales
tax and other govt charges. The check is the least wasteful way of
achieving your goal.

Cheers
Bent D
--