Sign in with
Your question
Solved

Surge Protector for Home Theatre and Office

Last response: in Components
August 14, 2012 6:35:36 PM

I recently purchased and built my first computer build, and now my old surge protector is too small to hold all of my electronics. What I plan to put on the new surge protector is:

-Desktop Computer
-ASUS LCD Computer Monitor
-51' Samsung Plasma TV
-QNAP TS-410 NAS
-Thomson ST516 Modem
-TP-LINK Router
-PS3

Will this surge protector suffice: Cyberpower 850TP-W 8-OULET Surge Protector 2400J RJ11 EFI/RFI

I was also looking at this one: Blue Diamond 9 Outlet Surge Protector

Are there any other recommended ones? I'd like to be able to pick it up in-store today. I was also wondering if it was even okay to have all of those electronics on one surge protector.

Thanks for any help!

Best solution

August 14, 2012 7:48:03 PM

These should be fine, but be aware of how much wattage you are pulling through the surge protector.
The average surge protector can only safely run around 1625 watts on a 15 amp, 115 volt circuit. Beyond that, things become dangerous.
My point is, I would not run all of those devices at the same time on one surge.
Just be careful and youll be fine :) 
August 14, 2012 7:53:42 PM

risaccess1 said:
These should be fine, but be aware of how much wattage you are pulling through the surge protector.
The average surge protector can only safely run around 1625 watts on a 15 amp, 115 volt circuit. Beyond that, things become dangerous.
My point is, I would not run all of those devices at the same time on one surge.
Just be careful and youll be fine :) 

I will definitely make sure to not use them all at the same time. In fact, I can't even think of a situation where I would allow myself to do that haha

Thanks for the help!
August 14, 2012 7:53:52 PM

Best answer selected by MR_AWESOME55.
!