D3DERR_NOTAVAILABLE issues and Windows Aero not working!

NaryaMithrandir

Distinguished
Mar 2, 2009
Hello everyone!

create device failed
Error code: 0x8876086A
DX9AllocatorPresenter failed

D3DERR_NOTAVAILABLE

This is the error I've been receiving for the past few months anytime I attempt to play a video through Media Player Classic, with CCCP codecs. Also, the video is flipped, and subtitles are backwards. I fixed this issue temporarily by flipping the picture through the DIRECTVOBsub filter, but that's just a temporary solution.

I can't play DVD's now on windows media player. Only a flipped picture appears in Media player classic, and I can find the filter settings to attempt a flip.

Also, I can't play video games. Usual error message is "COULD NOT INITIALISE DISPLAY HARDWARE. PLEASE RESTART [GAME NAME]"

And also of note, Windows Aero is not working! I don't have the ability to see preview screens when hovering on a window on the taskbar, can't see the desktop when I move my mouse over to the taskbar corner.

This really sucks.

My DirectX is up to date as I just tried installing it.

I figured it was a graphic driver issue so went into the beta drivers, which fixed the problem for a day, then started up again. I went back to WHQL certified drivers, with clean installs, but the problem comes back after a while.

But now, even that doesn't work. Everytime I restart the computer, Windows Window manager closes itself upon start up, so I have no aero, and no matter the re-install of graphic driver, it doesn't work!

Here are computer details:

CPU: Intel Core i7 2600k
MOBO: ASROCK z68 PRO 3-M (MicroATX)
RAM: Crucial 8GB GDDR3 1600Mhz
SSD: Crucial m4 128GB SSD
SATA Drive: WD Caviar 500GB SATA 3.0 Gb/s
PSU: Antec True Power Trio 550W PSU
GPU: ASUS ENGTX460 TOP Direct CU 114% OverClocked 1GB

PLEASE HELP!!!

Man what the heck have you been installing and uninstalling and changing? (LOL)

Anyways sounds like a broken GPU driver.

Go to major geeks website. Download driver sweeper.

Once installed select ALL NVIDIA AND AMD drivers (if any). Once done - clean them out and reboot.

Now download the latest stable nvidia drivers from nvidia.com

Edit: Basically it sounds like you know enough about computers to make them not work :p

NaryaMithrandir

Distinguished
Mar 2, 2009

Haha you've got that right.

Funny thing is just before you responded, I found a new WHQL certified stable release from Nvidia, so downloaded and installed that and it worked.
But obviously I'm layering drivers upon drivers so I went ahead and did the driver sweep and re-installed the new driver. It's working fine for now, but I do hope things don't change again.

If it happens again, reckon it could be a graphic card issue?

NaryaMithrandir

Distinguished
Mar 2, 2009

Yeah I've already got MSE, but don't think it's wise to run another anti-virus along with it. Also run Spybot once a week anyway.

I'm leaning more towards a defective gpu since this was a brand new build, and the OS was a fresh install, and hasn't personally given me any other problems other than this gpu issue.

I normally run MSE along with my AVG. It doesn't create any problems.

You should try re-seating your GPU as well, just to make sure it's properly connected. Have you manually overclocked your GPU? If so can set it back to stock?

How has your computer been since re-installing the drivers? Still problems?

NaryaMithrandir

Distinguished
Mar 2, 2009

No problem so far since the re-install. And I haven't bothered to muck around with overclocking. Not properly knowledgeable in it.

I've had issues with AVG so I got rid of it.

I'll try the reseating issue if problems start up again!

Sakina_02

Honorable
Nov 1, 2012