oh yea gods, did i really do this?

Last response: in Network Providers
July 27, 2005 11:57:57 AM

okay, went to cingular today to see if i really lost all the data on my
SIM card. the guy i talked to seemed to be a total dunce so i thought
i'd give a wonderful forum like this a chance.

i was messing around and locked my card last night and tried and tried
to unlock it and finally gave up until i could go to the store today.
what is this about trying 3 or 5 times and then it is usless? there is
no override?? i think i just lost all my numbers. please, someone, say
it isn't so!

the thing just kept asking for my PUK and pin. i have no idea what i
may have done. i don't recall ever setting a pin. agh!

--
canyouhearmenow?

More about : yea gods

Anonymous
July 27, 2005 2:54:40 PM

* Reply by Jack D. Russell, Sr. <jackru$$ell2@notmail.com>
* Newsgroup: alt.cellular.cingular
* Reply to: All; "canyouhearmenow?" <canyouhearmenow.1styx6@news.cellbanter.com>
* Date:Wed, 27 Jul 2005 10:53:04 -0500
* Subj: oh yea gods, did i really do this?

c>okay, went to cingular today to see if i really lost all the data on my
c>SIM card. the guy i talked to seemed to be a total dunce so i thought
c>i'd give a wonderful forum like this a chance.

c>i was messing around and locked my card last night and tried and
c>tried to unlock it and finally gave up until i could go to the store
c>today. what is this about trying 3 or 5 times and then it is usless?
c>there is no override?? i think i just lost all my numbers. please,
c>someone, say it isn't so!

c>the thing just kept asking for my PUK and pin. i have no idea
c>what i may have done. i don't recall ever setting a pin. agh!

http://forums.cingular.com/
--
Jack
Anonymous

canyouhearmenow? wrote:
> the thing just kept asking for my PUK and pin. i have no idea what i
> may have done. i don't recall ever setting a pin. agh!

The PUK code is a lock code on the SIM. Customer disservice can provide
it, but they'll probably want all your personal information so they
don't give the unlock code to someone who stole your phone.

It's wise to put a PIN on your phone so if someone steals it they can't
make calls on your account. If they enter the wrong password too many
times, they need the PUK code.

If you enter the wrong PUK code too many times you're likely to zap the
whole SIM and everything on it. Cingular will likely charge you money
for a new SIM. On the plus side, if your phone stores numbers
internally you're OK. If it only stores to the SIM, you're in trouble.

tg.
Anonymous
July 30, 2005 12:17:57 AM

Go ahead and get the new sim card. The one you have will never work again.
Take the old sim to a company owned store that has a UME (universal mobile
exchanger) and they should be able to capture your phone book off of the old
sim and load them onto your new sim. These are in most company owned stores.

hope this helps.

"canyouhearmenow?" <canyouhearmenow.1styx6@news.cellbanter.com> wrote in
message news:canyouhearmenow.1styx6@news.cellbanter.com...

!