Me_cago_en_el_moderador

Distinguished
Jun 24, 2006
My nick is old.

Pero fui banneado con mi anterior nick porque el tonto del moderador considero una foto ofensiva y en vez de retirarla me hecho. Por eso puse este nick. Y como aqui pocos saben otra lengua a parte de la suya nadie se queja.

1Tanker

Splendid
Apr 28, 2006
After read a lot of fanboy stupid post I'm going to start another.

http://www.tyan.com/products/html/tempesti5000px_spec.html

I has two dual core capable sockets two PCIe16x slots ports and is available.
Sounds like a server board. 8xFB-DIMM's, PCI-X, and also:

Platform Management Interface (optional)
• Baseboard Management Controller (BMC)
BMC from daughter card M3291
(Hitachi BMC Renesas H8S2167)

• Tailored for IPMI 2.0 specification
• Supports remote Power on/off and reset support
(IPMI-over-LAN)
Server Management Daughter card via built-in
2x25 header

and lastly:

Integrated Video Controller
• ATI® ES1000; PCI interface
32MB DDR frame buffer of video memory

I can't see them putting on-board video on such an enthusiast based motherboard. :wink:

gOJDO

Distinguished
Mar 16, 2006
Pero fui banneado con mi anterior nick porque el tonto del moderador considero una foto ofensiva y en vez de retirarla me hecho. Por eso puse este nick. Y como aqui pocos saben otra lengua a parte de la suya nadie se queja.
This is the most moderator-less and administrator-less forum about hardware I ever found. Sometimes sick things are happening here. For example when BaronBS has PMS and he starts BS-ing around AMD-istic SF and Intel-istic horror movies by Shakira, MMM or other more hardcore freaks than BaronBS is. What is strange, the mods & admins are not taking any actions when hardcore insults are included in the stupid threads. The freedom of speech, I guess:)
If I were a mod, your post will be probably deleted becouse english is the official language. Probably I will delete 50% of the posts here(including this one) not related to the subforum and to the subjects. In that 50%, 98% of the BS written by BaronBS will be included and permanent ban for the jackass as well.

1Tanker

Splendid
Apr 28, 2006
This is the most moderator-less and administrator-less forum about hardware I ever found. Sometimes sick things are happening here. For example when BaronBS has PMS and he starts BS-ing around AMD-istic SF and Intel-istic horror movies by Shakira, MMM or other more hardcore freaks than BaronBS is. What is strange, the mods & admins are not taking any actions when hardcore insults are included in the stupid threads. The freedom of speech, I guess:)
If I were a mod, your post will be probably deleted becouse english is the official language. Probably I will delete 50% of the posts here(including this one) not related to the subforum and to the subjects. In that 50%, 98% of the BS written by BaronBS will be included and permanent ban for the jackass as well.As if we want to look at an avatar of a guy with a bottle or something shoved up his *ss. :roll:

306maxi

Distinguished
Feb 7, 2006
4x4 is AMD's answer to Intel quad-core. At this point I'm not sure that Intel need to respond.

And considering a 4x4 board will probably be prohibitively expensive where as Intel's Quad-Core will just be plain expensive I think we know who the real winner will be anyway.

kukito

Distinguished
May 17, 2006
Could be. We'll find out soon enough since the Mac Pro uses the same chipset and can run Windows. Unfortunately it doesn't yet support SLI/Crossfire but all dual and triple video card configurations use nVidia. The X1900 XT is only available as a single card. The Quadro and GeForce are SLI capable. Hopefully someone somewhere will get the Windows ForceWare drivers to work in SLI. According to Apple, the three open PCIe slots have "configurable bandwidth that mechanically supports 16-lane cards." link I guess that means you can allocate 16 lanes to one and divide the remaining lanes between the other two. That would give you the two x16 slots SLI needs. Intel also has Kentsfield to do battle against 4x4.

Its a server board.

here's the amd answer to that...well at least for a server. not a games...

s4881.gif

for games... i guess you can get this...

But who need that much speed yet? (i do if i had the $$$)

BaronMatrix

Splendid
Dec 14, 2005
If I were a mod, your post will be probably deleted becouse english is the official language. Probably I will delete 50% of the posts here(including this one) not related to the subforum and to the subjects. In that 50%, 98% of the BS written by BaronBS will be included and permanent ban for the jackass as well.

STFU. This is a CPU forum, not an INTEL forum. And take your girlfriend off the avatar.

spud

Distinguished
Feb 17, 2001

STFU. This is a CPU forum, not an INTEL forum. And take your girlfriend off the avatar.

Aw poor baby didn't get his bottle this morning.

Me_cago_en_el_moderador

Distinguished
Jun 24, 2006
Problem with this board is that it don't fit in normal case and you need four expensive opterons MP series. Intel can put 2 x four core processors in one board.
Here in Spain you can get 2x 2.0 woodcrest and the board and spend less than 1000€ , less than only one FX62 without motherboard.

I'm working with 16 socket montecito boards but I don't use it to play games, It is like get the Ferrari to buy the newspaper.

BaronMatrix

Splendid
Dec 14, 2005
Problem with this board is that it don't fit in normal case and you need four expensive opterons MP series. Intel can put 2 x four core processors in one board.
Here in Spain you can get 2x 2.0 woodcrest and the board and spend less than 1000€ , less than only one FX62 without motherboard.

I'm working with 16 socket montecito boards but I don't use it to play games, It is like get the Ferrari to buy the newspaper.

The same thing applies for Opteron 2xxx. What's your point? Besides, an SLI mobo for Core 2 is around $250(Gigabyte), while SLI for FX is only $125(Abit).

You guys should just hope that L3 doesn't make it into Brisbane. It will close the gap between Core 2 and AM2. WHat will you do then?

spud

Distinguished
Feb 17, 2001

The same thing applies for Opteron 2xxx. What's your point? Besides, an SLI mobo for Core 2 is around $250(Gigabyte), while SLI for FX is only $125(Abit).

You guys should just hope that L3 doesn't make it into Brisbane. It will close the gap between Core 2 and AM2. WHat will you do then?

Overclock another 400Mhz.

joset

Distinguished
Dec 18, 2005
(...) Here in Spain you can get 2x 2.0 woodcrest and the board and spend less than 1000€ , less than only one FX62 without motherboard. (...)

What?! Two 'Woodcrest' 2.0GHz & a dual slot motherboard for less than 1000 Euros?! You've got to tell me where you buy your stuff, no kidding! By the way, which motherboard?

(As you can easily imagine, I perfectly understand what your nick means; although provocative, I find it... well, daring, to say the least!) :wink:

Cheers!

joset

Distinguished
Dec 18, 2005

Hello, gOJDO!

Isn't that being a little drastic? You'd cut off about the same amount of fun (insults apart, I mean).
Sometimes, mods can also be drastic & unfair; above all, I think they should be more participative instead of taking the solitary role of punishment. Perhaps it would help to bring some strenght to the term. My opinion, of course.

Cheers!