Sign in with
Your question
Closed

Driver update for sony vaio

Last response: in Graphics & Displays
February 24, 2012 3:40:28 PM

I have sony vaio vpceb46fg laptop comes with ati mobility radeon hd 5650 , I am not able to update the graphics driver as sony support site provide me old 8.672 version and amd official site says its says not compatible with sony vaio ! though i download latest driver from here [http://drivers.softpedia.com/get/GRAPHICS-BOARD/AMD/AMD...] and install it and after restarting my pc when i check the driver version still it showing old one !how to fix this problem ?

February 24, 2012 4:13:19 PM

first of all why would you download it from some cheap website like softpedia when you could still download it from AMD's website?

i know it is an exe file so what exactly happend after running that file? did it go threw a wizard to install it or did it act like a compessed file and just extracted the drivers to a directory? when installing did you read everything that came up making sure it said it was unable to install?

also since they say it might not be compatible then it may have just installed but nothing happened because of that

Score
February 24, 2012 6:19:43 PM

i search for the file and got it from softpedia ! and amd does not provide any standalone installer file!

yea i got a wizard that extracted to a directory and then install it choosing express mode ! after install when i click on to see log file its same as previous version

for your 3rd comment i am also agree with you! but if not compatible then how to update it! as sony support site does not provide any latest driver
Score
Related resources
February 25, 2012 12:37:56 AM

sony doesn't make the driver or the graphics chip. simply get the driver from ATI which from your previous screen shot shows you have.
Score
February 25, 2012 1:03:56 AM

you will have to stay with the sony one since the ati for mobility are not compatible with your laptop
Score
February 25, 2012 2:07:10 AM

Sorry to say it, but welcome to the world of laptop graphics.

Since the standard AMD drivers are not compatible with your system, you are stuck with the drivers Sony provides. If they do not update their drivers, there's not much you can do.

-Wolf Sends
Score
February 25, 2012 3:06:35 AM

Wolfshadw said:
Sorry to say it, but welcome to the world of laptop graphics.

Since the standard AMD drivers are not compatible with your system, you are stuck with the drivers Sony provides. If they do not update their drivers, there's not much you can do.

-Wolf Sends

I also agree with you! then bad thing is that i am in middle of a cracked bamboo ! as sony does not provide me driver and ati says their driver not compatible with my laptop mean sony vaio!
Score
February 25, 2012 3:10:56 AM

captaincharisma said:
sony doesn't make the driver or the graphics chip. simply get the driver from ATI which from your previous screen shot shows you have.

if i download the 1MB installer file in 1st snapshot from amd site ! then when i will install it it say same as this driver not compatible with my laptop and request me to contact my laptop manufacturer !
Score
February 25, 2012 3:15:53 AM

well if ATI says it is not compatible then its not so there is no updated driver for your graphics chip.
Score
June 10, 2012 7:43:03 AM

u can also install amd driver ... u hve to install it more than 1 time .... i hve sony vaio.,,... and i hve latest .. amd driver.., mine also doesnt installs for 1st time... but after 2 tri it always works
Score
!