Light on PC case won't turn on

Tags:
  • Power Supplies
  • Light
  • Cases
  • Components
Last response: in Components
August 15, 2012 1:37:25 AM

I have the NZXT M59 Case and the side panel fan and the power button blue light turns on but the front top night light doesn't turn on.

Right here

See the front of the case and on the top, it's supposed to light up but mine doesnt.

More about : light case turn

a b ) Power supply
August 15, 2012 1:50:55 AM

Are those LEDs connected properly to a power source? Make sure they haven't gotten disconnected when you installed your components.

Good luck!
m
l
August 15, 2012 3:50:33 AM

COLGeek said:
Are those LEDs connected properly to a power source? Make sure they haven't gotten disconnected when you installed your components.

Good luck!

for the pwr button led, I connected the led + and - on the front panel connector, the fan led is turned on because the fan is turned on, I don't get why the top thing doesn't light up.
m
l
Related resources
a b ) Power supply
August 15, 2012 12:18:19 PM

I would think that LED would have an independent power connection from the fan. Have you verified that?
m
l
August 15, 2012 7:46:56 PM

COLGeek said:
I would think that LED would have an independent power connection from the fan. Have you verified that?

I don't know, I'm a first time builder, I just followed a youtube video.
m
l
a b ) Power supply
August 15, 2012 8:32:42 PM

Look inside that portion of the case. You may have to remove the optical drive. Trace the LED wires to ensure they are properly connected to a power source.

If connected and still not working, disconnect and reverse the polarity (just turn the connector the opposite way) and try again. If the proper pin is not on the positive/negative post, they won't light up.
m
l
August 15, 2012 9:32:23 PM

COLGeek said:
Look inside that portion of the case. You may have to remove the optical drive. Trace the LED wires to ensure they are properly connected to a power source.

If connected and still not working, disconnect and reverse the polarity (just turn the connector the opposite way) and try again. If the proper pin is not on the positive/negative post, they won't light up.

What power source do I plug it in on. There was this group of wires from the front that I had to connect to the f panel and I connected all of them.
m
l
a b ) Power supply
August 16, 2012 2:58:09 AM

You are looking for the wires that attach to the LED that isn't lighting up properly. Not the front panel connections. BTW, are your power and HDD LEDs working correctly?
m
l
August 16, 2012 3:37:02 AM

COLGeek said:
You are looking for the wires that attach to the LED that isn't lighting up properly. Not the front panel connections. BTW, are your power and HDD LEDs working correctly?

The power led works, my dvd drive led works, I don't think the hard drive has leds.

I'm gonna open my computer again when my new video card and heatsink arrives, if I do find an unconnected wire comming from the unlit led, where do I connect that to?
m
l
a b ) Power supply
August 16, 2012 11:46:23 AM

You should have a HDD LED near the power LED. The HDD LED connects at the Front Panel header on your motherboard (the same block of connectors for the power switch, reset switch, power LED, etc). Look at your motherboard manual and look for the front panel connections.
m
l
August 17, 2012 2:28:34 AM

COLGeek said:
You should have a HDD LED near the power LED. The HDD LED connects at the Front Panel header on your motherboard (the same block of connectors for the power switch, reset switch, power LED, etc). Look at your motherboard manual and look for the front panel connections.

I got all the front panel connectors connected already.
m
l
!