Display driver stopped responding and has recovered

"Display driver stopped responding and has recovered "
Hello,
I have been searching and trying to fix this problem for days and this is getting really annoying. I have uninstalled, installed and uninstalled again the drivers for the graphics card. I have used driver cleaner Pro but still when I install the driver and play a game, it will freeze or go blue screen...
My video card is ATI Radeon HD 5670. I opened up the computer and cleaned the fans out so it is dust free, no luck.
I thought that the motherboard was causing this so I downloaded Live Update 5 and it installed some drivers, after that the fans started going at 100% so I had to go in the bios and change it to 50°C 37,5% because the computer was very loud. After that update from Live Update 5 the computer has gone worse.
My motherboard is a P31 Neo (MS-7392) Version 1.6
I did a format, hoping that the graphics card drivers would reset and the problem would go away but still I got BSOD... So I think that the problem is deeper than the graphics card..

What can I do?
9 answers Last reply
More about display driver stopped responding recovered
  1. BSOD sounds like RAM my friend.
  2. Most likely it is your graphics card, RMA or get new one problem solved :) I had same issue and down the road card just gave up completely
  3. That's a very common issue with ATI and Nvidia cards. There are numerous forums dedicated to it for years, with no clear solution.

I've had it a couple times myself and it just went away on it's own or I did a fresh Windows install to get rid of it.

It's not ram, I personally believe it's a Windows issue, maybe an update that causes it.

Good luck.
  4. The computer went to a computer technician and his conclusion was that the video card was damaged, I had to buy a new one. The video card was only two years old and I have a low income so this is a bummer..

But thanks for the answers!
  5. You sure the technician wasn't lying? I got the same problem before but after doing a fresh install of Windows 7 and updating Nvidia Forceware to version 295.73. Don't know about ATI cards though but that solved my problem.
  6. I also did that, clean install and got the latest or old update for the graphics card, no luck. Even when I logged in the screen froze so in the end I couldn't do anything with out the computer freezing. Now it is working perfectly!
  7. Thats a confusing post. So your reinstall worked? Or what?
  8. Coputernewbie said:
    Thats a confusing post. So your reinstall worked? Or what?

Like I said, I had to buy a new graphics card. It was damaged, everything OK now!
  9. i have exactly the same issue and no solution yet untill i figure out that have a really weak power supply! check yours dude or replace it if you got an old one !

take a look on my topic
    http://www.tomshardware.com/forum/354959-33-4870-crash-issue
Ask a new question

Read More

Radeon Graphics Cards Graphics Displays