  • Ipaq
  • Bluetooth
Last response: in Brands
May 4, 2004 5:40:20 PM

I have just brought a Nokia 6600 and I wondered if you can help me with a
query.

I do not have the necessary equipment for the 6600 to connect to my PC.
However, I do have a HP iPAQ 2200 which has Bluetooth & IR.

What I was wondering was if I use the Bluetooth of the 6600 and the
Bluetooth of the iPAQ (or IR) is it possible for me to copy certain files
from the 6600 to the iPAQ that would basically put a backup of all the phone
book information on to my iPAQ?
Also could I do the same with the group information?

What files would I need to copy?

I hope you are able to help me. I appreciate any help and information given.

Thanks!!

More about : backup phone book

Anonymous
May 5, 2004 12:02:12 AM

I am afraid but it does not work.
With the SW, which is supplied with the phone and a IR or BT connection to a
PC you can't backup a phone book or something else. The whole "phone" or
nothing. You can transfer some files (audio or pics) but no phone book
entries.
Whay you not buy a USB BT dongle for PC (about 30 Euro), it works good and
you are flexible. No cable, no IR limitation.
I have one up to 100 meters (40 Euros). I can sync my phone (Outlook) even
it is in the next room ;-))

Hope you solve this.

--

Gruß
Andreas

"Neil Hindry" <n_nospam_hindry@_nospam_hotmail.com> schrieb im Newsbeitrag
> I have just brought a Nokia 6600 and I wondered if you can help me with a
> query.
>
> I do not have the necessary equipment for the 6600 to connect to my PC.
> However, I do have a HP iPAQ 2200 which has Bluetooth & IR.
>
> What I was wondering was if I use the Bluetooth of the 6600 and the
> Bluetooth of the iPAQ (or IR) is it possible for me to copy certain files
> from the 6600 to the iPAQ that would basically put a backup of all the
phone
> book information on to my iPAQ?
> Also could I do the same with the group information?
>
> What files would I need to copy?
>
> I hope you are able to help me. I appreciate any help and information
given.

> Thanks!!

May 5, 2004 12:41:01 AM

try www.scan.co.uk
they have bluetooth dongles for pc (class1 200mtr's) around £10

THE BLACKPANTHER
!