GTA: San Andreas $30 at Fry's

Anyone who's looking to pick this up, check out Fry's pretty quick. San
Andreas is $29.99, but their sales are usually only a couple of days.

--
Leon Dexter
www.gameswelike.com

    "Leon Dexter" <leondexterNOSPAM@earthlink.net> wrote in message
    > Anyone who's looking to pick this up, check out Fry's pretty quick. San
    > Andreas is $29.99, but their sales are usually only a couple of days.

    What the heck is Fry's?

    Mattinglyfan (deez nuts) wrote:
    > What the heck is Fry's?

    Think Best Buy and then quadruple the store size. Go to www.frys.com so
    see if they have a store in your area.

    "Mattinglyfan" <Estoscacahuates@comcast.net (deez nuts)> wrote in message

    > > Anyone who's looking to pick this up, check out Fry's pretty quick. San
    > > Andreas is $29.99, but their sales are usually only a couple of days.
    > >

    > What the heck is Fry's?

    The biggest freaking electronics store you've ever seen. I guess you don't
    live in the western US. I love Fry's--they sell games below cost on a
    regular basis as loss leaders, and they do that to a good number of
    brand-new games the first day they have them! I love getting $50 games for
    $35--for example, Jade Empire and Doom were both $34.99 on day 1 at Fry's.
    The next Monday, they went back to $50. Fry's does that sort of thing a
    lot.

    Check them out at www.outpost.com

    > "Mattinglyfan" <Estoscacahuates@comcast.net (deez nuts)> wrote in message
    >
    >> > Anyone who's looking to pick this up, check out Fry's pretty quick.
    >> > San
    >> > Andreas is $29.99, but their sales are usually only a couple of days.
    >> >

    >> What the heck is Fry's?
    >
    > The biggest freaking electronics store you've ever seen. I guess you
    > don't
    > live in the western US.

    I've lived in in LA, SF, Sacramento, Orange County, an AFB in the Mojave
    Desert, Las Vegas and Colorado and I have never seen a Fry's. You have to
    be a little more specific than Western US.

    >I love Fry's--they sell games below cost on a
    > regular basis as loss leaders, and they do that to a good number of
    > brand-new games the first day they have them! I love getting $50 games
    > for
    > $35--for example, Jade Empire and Doom were both $34.99 on day 1 at Fry's.
    > The next Monday, they went back to $50. Fry's does that sort of thing a
    > lot.
    >
    > Check them out at www.outpost.com

    yeah, we have one in the midwest, although I've never been to it. San
    Andreas is on sale online too. $0.00 after tax at www.newzbin.com
    Just thought you might like to know. 'course I'd never download it cuz,
    I'm an upstandin' (hiccup) hooman bein'....Pass me the Glenfiddich
    please (hiccup). :>)

    > I've lived in in LA, SF, Sacramento, Orange County, an AFB in the Mojave
    > Desert, Las Vegas and Colorado and I have never seen a Fry's. You have to
    > be a little more specific than Western US.

    I did provide a link, ya know. But here, since you can't be bothered (no
    wonder you never saw one, with that attitude):

    > > Check them out at www.outpost.com

    Northern California Locations

    CAMPBELL
    600 E. Hamilton Avenue
    (408) 364-3700

    CONCORD
    1695 Willow Pass Road
    (925) 852-0300

    FREMONT
    43800 Osgood Road
    (510) 252-5300

    PALO ALTO
    340 Portage Avenue
    (650) 496-6000

    SACRAMENTO
    4100 Northgate Boulevard
    (916) 286-5800

    SAN JOSE
    550 E. Brokaw Road
    (408) 487-1000

    SUNNYVALE
    1077 East Arques Avenue
    (408) 617-1300

    Southern California Locations

    ANAHEIM
    3370 East La Palma
    (714) 688-3000

    BURBANK
    2311 North Hollywood Way
    (818) 526-8100

    CITY OF INDUSTRY
    13401 Crossroads Parkway North
    (562) 463-2400

    FOUNTAIN VALLEY
    10800 Kalama River Avenue
    (714) 378-4400

    MANHATTAN BEACH
    3600 Sepulveda Boulevard
    (310) 364-3797

    SAN DIEGO
    9825 Stonecrest Boulevard
    (858) 514-4500

    SAN MARCOS
    150 Bent Avenue
    (760) 566-1300

    WOODLAND HILLS
    6100 Canoga Avenue
    (818) 227-1000

    Texas Locations

    ARLINGTON
    102 East I-20
    (817) 557-6500

    AUSTIN
    12707 N. Mopac Expressway
    (512) 733-7000 DALLAS
    12710 Executive Drive
    (214) 342-5900

    HOUSTON
    10241 N. FWY I - 45
    (281) 931-2200

    IRVING
    2488 Market Place Blvd
    (214) 242-4900

    PLANO
    700 E. Plano Parkway
    (214) 291-6000

    WEBSTER
    21300 Gulf Fwy
    (281) 338-1762

    SOUTH WEST HOUSTON
    11565 S.W. Fwy 59
    (832) 200-3300

    Arizona, Nevada, Oregon, Washington, Illinois, Indiana and Georgia Locations

    LAS VEGAS, NV
    6845 Las Vegas Blvd
    (702) 932-1400

    PHOENIX, AZ
    3035 W. Thunderbird Road
    (602) 467-2000

    TEMPE, AZ
    2300 West Baseline Road
    (602) 659-8500

    WILSONVILLE, OR
    29400 SW Towncenter Loop West
    (503) 570-6000

    RENTON, WA
    800 Garden Avenue North
    (425) 525-0200

    DOWNERS GROVE, IL
    3300 Finley Road
    (630) 390-2100

    DULUTH, GA
    3296 Commerce Ave. North West
    (678) 405-6800

    FISHERS, IN
    9820 Kincaid Drive
    (317) 594-3101

    > "Mattinglyfan" <Estoscacahuates@comcast.net (deez nuts)> wrote in message
    >

    >> I've lived in in LA, SF, Sacramento, Orange County, an AFB in the Mojave
    >> Desert, Las Vegas and Colorado and I have never seen a Fry's. You have
    >> be a little more specific than Western US.
    >

    > I did provide a link, ya know. But here, since you can't be bothered (no
    > wonder you never saw one, with that attitude):

    I went to the link. It listed quite a few places that I have lived so it
    was fairly obvious that it is quite a new place (last 15 years) for some of
    the places I mentioned.

    What I was really looking for was a picture to see WHAT type of store it is

    > I went to the link. It listed quite a few places that I have lived so it
    > was fairly obvious that it is quite a new place (last 15 years) for some
    of
    > the places I mentioned.
    >
    > What I was really looking for was a picture to see WHAT type of store it
    is

    http://www.reviewjournal.com/lvrj_home/2002/Nov-26-Tue-2002/business/20143507.html

    I'm in Vegas, which I gather is not one of the biggest ones, but it's
    gargatuan to me. It's a big standalone place, not connected to a shopping
    center like the other electronics stores (I think that's true for most or
    all Fry's locations).

    Inside, it's really open, no maze layouts like some places--straight aisles
    and nothing else. They have a ton of cashiers most of the time, and one
    line (usually short) with a person directing you to the next available
    cashier. It goes fast. I like that. They also have a great return policy,
    and don't give you any hassle for returning.
    On the downside, their non-sale prices overall are average at best, and they
    pressure their employees heavily for things like credit card signups (5 a
    week or you get a reprimand), and in some departments, for certain model
    sales. I know 'cause I have a friend who works there.

    Mattinglyfan wrote:

    > I've lived in in LA, SF, Sacramento, Orange County, an AFB in the
    > Mojave Desert, Las Vegas and Colorado and I have never seen a Fry's. You
    > have to be a little more specific than Western US.

    Colorado and Utah isn't cool enough to have Fry's.

    > "Mattinglyfan" <Estoscacahuates@comcast.net (deez nuts)> wrote in message
    >
    >> I went to the link. It listed quite a few places that I have lived so it
    >> was fairly obvious that it is quite a new place (last 15 years) for some
    > of
    >> the places I mentioned.
    >>
    >> What I was really looking for was a picture to see WHAT type of store it
    > is
    >

    > http://www.reviewjournal.com/lvrj_home/2002/Nov-26-Tue-2002/business/20143507.html
    >
    > I'm in Vegas, which I gather is not one of the biggest ones, but it's
    > gargatuan to me. It's a big standalone place, not connected to a shopping
    > center like the other electronics stores (I think that's true for most or
    > all Fry's locations).
    >
    > Inside, it's really open, no maze layouts like some places--straight
    > aisles
    > and nothing else. They have a ton of cashiers most of the time, and one
    > line (usually short) with a person directing you to the next available
    > cashier. It goes fast. I like that. They also have a great return
    > policy,
    > and don't give you any hassle for returning.
    > On the downside, their non-sale prices overall are average at best, and
    > they
    > pressure their employees heavily for things like credit card signups (5 a
    > week or you get a reprimand), and in some departments, for certain model
    > sales. I know 'cause I have a friend who works there.

    I've actually been to outpost.com in the past but I had no idea they were
    the same. I will definitely have to check it out the next time I am in
    Vegas. I would much rather blow my wad on electronics than roulette.

    "Hank the Rapper" <xflopgoon@REMOVEyahoo.com> wrote in message
    > Mattinglyfan wrote:
    >
    >> I've lived in in LA, SF, Sacramento, Orange County, an AFB in the
    >> Mojave Desert, Las Vegas and Colorado and I have never seen a Fry's. You
    >> have to be a little more specific than Western US.
    >
    > Colorado and Utah isn't cool enough to have Fry's.

    That's what the internet is for. Although you are right about Utah not
    being cool enough. You better lay off Colorado though.

    > That's what the internet is for. Although you are right about Utah not
    > being cool enough. You better lay off Colorado though.

    Yeah, man. I'm from Colorado, too. It's TOO cool for Fry's. Or something.

    > "Mattinglyfan" <Estoscacahuates@comcast.net (deez nuts)> wrote in message
    >>
    >> That's what the internet is for. Although you are right about Utah not
    >> being cool enough. You better lay off Colorado though.
    >
    > Yeah, man. I'm from Colorado, too. It's TOO cool for Fry's. Or
    > something.

    That's what I'm talking about! We don't need no stinkin Fry's (although I
    wish we had one)!

    > "Leon Dexter" <leondexterNOSPAM@earthlink.net> wrote in message
    >> "Mattinglyfan" <Estoscacahuates@comcast.net (deez nuts)> wrote in
    >> message news:3cSdnWOPVsc8Ei7fRVn-
    >>>
    >>> That's what the internet is for. Although you are right about Utah
    >>> not being cool enough. You better lay off Colorado though.
    >>
    >> Yeah, man. I'm from Colorado, too. It's TOO cool for Fry's. Or
    >> something.
    >>

    > That's what I'm talking about! We don't need no stinkin Fry's
    > (although I wish we had one)!

    CompUSA had the XBOX San Andreas for $29.99 also (in Belevue, WA). All
    copies sold out. But as far as I am conserened, it is still $24.99 too
    much...

    "TheLightsAreOn" <fake@thisaddress.com> wrote in message

    >> "Leon Dexter" <leondexterNOSPAM@earthlink.net> wrote in message
    >>> "Mattinglyfan" <Estoscacahuates@comcast.net (deez nuts)> wrote in
    >>> message news:3cSdnWOPVsc8Ei7fRVn-

    >>> Yeah, man. I'm from Colorado, too. It's TOO cool for Fry's. Or
    >>> something.
    >>>

    >> That's what I'm talking about! We don't need no stinkin Fry's
    >> (although I wish we had one)!
    >>

    > CompUSA had the XBOX San Andreas for $29.99 also (in Belevue, WA). All
    > copies sold out. But as far as I am conserened, it is still $24.99 too
    > much...

    To each his own I guess.

    "Leon Dexter" <leondexterNOSPAM@earthlink.net> wrote in message
    > "Mattinglyfan" <Estoscacahuates@comcast.net (deez nuts)> wrote in message
    >>
    >> That's what the internet is for. Although you are right about Utah not
    >> being cool enough. You better lay off Colorado though.
    >
    > Yeah, man. I'm from Colorado, too. It's TOO cool for Fry's. Or
    > something.

    Everytime someone mentions Colorado, I can't help but thinking of a somewhat
    famous doctor in Trinidad.

    "Green Shampoo" <GReeN_SHaMPoo@webtv.net> wrote in message

    > "Leon Dexter" <leondexterNOSPAM@earthlink.net> wrote in message
    >> "Mattinglyfan" <Estoscacahuates@comcast.net (deez nuts)> wrote in message
    >>>
    >>> That's what the internet is for. Although you are right about Utah not
    >>> being cool enough. You better lay off Colorado though.
    >>
    >> Yeah, man. I'm from Colorado, too. It's TOO cool for Fry's. Or
    >> something.
    >>

    > Everytime someone mentions Colorado, I can't help but thinking of a
    > somewhat famous doctor in Trinidad.

    I believe Trinidad now has 5 or 6 of those doctors. It is now the capital
    of that particular operation in the US.

    > Glenwood Springs is a great city (if you are on your way to Vegas or
    > someplace cool). I remember when my team used to play Aspen HS in the
    > Montrose Tournament and they couldn't catch a fly ball because they had to
    > spend the whole winter and spring indoors because all of the grass was
    > covered in snow. LOL

    There's no grass in Aspen...they import it, though, once the snow melts.

Console Gaming Games Video Xbox Video Games