GTA: San Andreas $30 at Fry's

Last response: in Video Games
June 14, 2005 7:22:40 PM

Anyone who's looking to pick this up, check out Fry's pretty quick. San
Andreas is $29.99, but their sales are usually only a couple of days.

--
Leon Dexter
www.gameswelike.com

More about : gta san andreas fry

Anonymous
June 17, 2005 1:15:48 AM

"Leon Dexter" <leondexterNOSPAM@earthlink.net> wrote in message
> Anyone who's looking to pick this up, check out Fry's pretty quick. San
> Andreas is $29.99, but their sales are usually only a couple of days.

What the heck is Fry's?

> --
> Leon Dexter
> www.gameswelike.com

Anonymous
June 17, 2005 9:01:04 AM

Mattinglyfan (deez nuts) wrote:
> What the heck is Fry's?

Think Best Buy and then quadruple the store size. Go to www.frys.com so
see if they have a store in your area.
June 17, 2005 9:54:28 AM

"Mattinglyfan" <Estoscacahuates@comcast.net (deez nuts)> wrote in message

> > Anyone who's looking to pick this up, check out Fry's pretty quick. San
> > Andreas is $29.99, but their sales are usually only a couple of days.
> >

> What the heck is Fry's?

The biggest freaking electronics store you've ever seen. I guess you don't
live in the western US. I love Fry's--they sell games below cost on a
regular basis as loss leaders, and they do that to a good number of
brand-new games the first day they have them! I love getting $50 games for
$35--for example, Jade Empire and Doom were both $34.99 on day 1 at Fry's.
The next Monday, they went back to $50. Fry's does that sort of thing a
lot.

Check them out at www.outpost.com
Anonymous
June 17, 2005 12:22:15 PM

"Leon Dexter" <leondexterNOSPAM@earthlink.net> wrote in message
news:o Atse.5208$hK3.4751@newsread3.news.pas.earthlink.net...
> "Mattinglyfan" <Estoscacahuates@comcast.net (deez nuts)> wrote in message
>
>> > Anyone who's looking to pick this up, check out Fry's pretty quick.
>> > San
>> > Andreas is $29.99, but their sales are usually only a couple of days.
>> >

>> What the heck is Fry's?
>
> The biggest freaking electronics store you've ever seen. I guess you
> don't
> live in the western US.

I've lived in in LA, SF, Sacramento, Orange County, an AFB in the Mojave
Desert, Las Vegas and Colorado and I have never seen a Fry's. You have to
be a little more specific than Western US.

>I love Fry's--they sell games below cost on a
> regular basis as loss leaders, and they do that to a good number of
> brand-new games the first day they have them! I love getting $50 games
> for
> $35--for example, Jade Empire and Doom were both $34.99 on day 1 at Fry's.
> The next Monday, they went back to $50. Fry's does that sort of thing a
> lot.
>
> Check them out at www.outpost.com

June 17, 2005 5:28:59 PM

yeah, we have one in the midwest, although I've never been to it. San
Andreas is on sale online too. $0.00 after tax at www.newzbin.com
Just thought you might like to know. 'course I'd never download it cuz,
I'm an upstandin' (hiccup) hooman bein'....Pass me the Glenfiddich
please (hiccup). :>)
Anonymous
June 17, 2005 7:42:36 PM

> I've lived in in LA, SF, Sacramento, Orange County, an AFB in the Mojave
> Desert, Las Vegas and Colorado and I have never seen a Fry's. You have to
> be a little more specific than Western US.

I did provide a link, ya know. But here, since you can't be bothered (no
wonder you never saw one, with that attitude):

> > Check them out at www.outpost.com

Northern California Locations

CAMPBELL
600 E. Hamilton Avenue
(408) 364-3700

CONCORD
1695 Willow Pass Road
(925) 852-0300

FREMONT
43800 Osgood Road
(510) 252-5300

PALO ALTO
340 Portage Avenue
(650) 496-6000

SACRAMENTO
4100 Northgate Boulevard
(916) 286-5800

SAN JOSE
550 E. Brokaw Road
(408) 487-1000

SUNNYVALE
1077 East Arques Avenue
(408) 617-1300

Southern California Locations

ANAHEIM
3370 East La Palma
(714) 688-3000

BURBANK
2311 North Hollywood Way
(818) 526-8100

CITY OF INDUSTRY
13401 Crossroads Parkway North
(562) 463-2400

FOUNTAIN VALLEY
10800 Kalama River Avenue
(714) 378-4400

MANHATTAN BEACH
3600 Sepulveda Boulevard
(310) 364-3797

SAN DIEGO
9825 Stonecrest Boulevard
(858) 514-4500

SAN MARCOS
150 Bent Avenue
(760) 566-1300

WOODLAND HILLS
6100 Canoga Avenue
(818) 227-1000

Texas Locations

ARLINGTON
102 East I-20
(817) 557-6500

AUSTIN
12707 N. Mopac Expressway
(512) 733-7000 DALLAS
12710 Executive Drive
(214) 342-5900

HOUSTON
10241 N. FWY I - 45
(281) 931-2200

IRVING
2488 Market Place Blvd
(214) 242-4900

PLANO
700 E. Plano Parkway
(214) 291-6000

WEBSTER
21300 Gulf Fwy
(281) 338-1762

SOUTH WEST HOUSTON
11565 S.W. Fwy 59
(832) 200-3300

Arizona, Nevada, Oregon, Washington, Illinois, Indiana and Georgia Locations

LAS VEGAS, NV
6845 Las Vegas Blvd
(702) 932-1400

PHOENIX, AZ
3035 W. Thunderbird Road
(602) 467-2000

TEMPE, AZ
2300 West Baseline Road
(602) 659-8500

WILSONVILLE, OR
29400 SW Towncenter Loop West
(503) 570-6000

RENTON, WA
800 Garden Avenue North
(425) 525-0200

DOWNERS GROVE, IL
3300 Finley Road
(630) 390-2100

DULUTH, GA
3296 Commerce Ave. North West
(678) 405-6800

FISHERS, IN
9820 Kincaid Drive
(317) 594-3101
Anonymous
June 17, 2005 7:42:37 PM

> "Mattinglyfan" <Estoscacahuates@comcast.net (deez nuts)> wrote in message
>

>> I've lived in in LA, SF, Sacramento, Orange County, an AFB in the Mojave
>> Desert, Las Vegas and Colorado and I have never seen a Fry's. You have
>> be a little more specific than Western US.
>

> I did provide a link, ya know. But here, since you can't be bothered (no
> wonder you never saw one, with that attitude):

I went to the link. It listed quite a few places that I have lived so it
was fairly obvious that it is quite a new place (last 15 years) for some of
the places I mentioned.

What I was really looking for was a picture to see WHAT type of store it is

>> > Check them out at www.outpost.com
>

> Northern California Locations
>
> CAMPBELL
> 600 E. Hamilton Avenue
> (408) 364-3700
>
> CONCORD
> 1695 Willow Pass Road
> (925) 852-0300
>
> FREMONT
> 43800 Osgood Road
> (510) 252-5300
>
> PALO ALTO
> 340 Portage Avenue
> (650) 496-6000
>
> SACRAMENTO
> 4100 Northgate Boulevard
> (916) 286-5800
>
> SAN JOSE
> 550 E. Brokaw Road
> (408) 487-1000
>
> SUNNYVALE
> 1077 East Arques Avenue
> (408) 617-1300
>
> Southern California Locations
>
> ANAHEIM
> 3370 East La Palma
> (714) 688-3000
>
> BURBANK
> 2311 North Hollywood Way
> (818) 526-8100
>
> CITY OF INDUSTRY
> 13401 Crossroads Parkway North
> (562) 463-2400
>
> FOUNTAIN VALLEY
> 10800 Kalama River Avenue
> (714) 378-4400
>
> MANHATTAN BEACH
> 3600 Sepulveda Boulevard
> (310) 364-3797
>
> SAN DIEGO
> 9825 Stonecrest Boulevard
> (858) 514-4500
>
> SAN MARCOS
> 150 Bent Avenue
> (760) 566-1300
>
> WOODLAND HILLS
> 6100 Canoga Avenue
> (818) 227-1000
>
> Texas Locations
>
> ARLINGTON
> 102 East I-20
> (817) 557-6500
>
> AUSTIN
> 12707 N. Mopac Expressway
> (512) 733-7000 DALLAS
> 12710 Executive Drive
> (214) 342-5900
>
> HOUSTON
> 10241 N. FWY I - 45
> (281) 931-2200
>
> IRVING
> 2488 Market Place Blvd
> (214) 242-4900
>
> PLANO
> 700 E. Plano Parkway
> (214) 291-6000
>
> WEBSTER
> 21300 Gulf Fwy
> (281) 338-1762
>
> SOUTH WEST HOUSTON
> 11565 S.W. Fwy 59
> (832) 200-3300
>
> Arizona, Nevada, Oregon, Washington, Illinois, Indiana and Georgia
> [...]
Anonymous
June 17, 2005 11:31:14 PM

"Mattinglyfan" <Estoscacahuates@comcast.net (deez nuts)> wrote in message
news:o YudnVYrEYCWhS7fRVn-

> I went to the link. It listed quite a few places that I have lived so it
> was fairly obvious that it is quite a new place (last 15 years) for some
of
> the places I mentioned.
>
> What I was really looking for was a picture to see WHAT type of store it
is

http://www.reviewjournal.com/lvrj_home/2002/Nov-26-Tue-...

I'm in Vegas, which I gather is not one of the biggest ones, but it's
gargatuan to me. It's a big standalone place, not connected to a shopping
center like the other electronics stores (I think that's true for most or
all Fry's locations).

Inside, it's really open, no maze layouts like some places--straight aisles
and nothing else. They have a ton of cashiers most of the time, and one
line (usually short) with a person directing you to the next available
cashier. It goes fast. I like that. They also have a great return policy,
and don't give you any hassle for returning.
On the downside, their non-sale prices overall are average at best, and they
pressure their employees heavily for things like credit card signups (5 a
week or you get a reprimand), and in some departments, for certain model
sales. I know 'cause I have a friend who works there.
Anonymous
June 18, 2005 12:03:59 AM

Mattinglyfan wrote:

> I've lived in in LA, SF, Sacramento, Orange County, an AFB in the
> Mojave Desert, Las Vegas and Colorado and I have never seen a Fry's. You
> have to be a little more specific than Western US.

Colorado and Utah isn't cool enough to have Fry's.
Anonymous
June 18, 2005 12:19:35 AM

> "Mattinglyfan" <Estoscacahuates@comcast.net (deez nuts)> wrote in message
> news:o YudnVYrEYCWhS7fRVn-
>
>> I went to the link. It listed quite a few places that I have lived so it
>> was fairly obvious that it is quite a new place (last 15 years) for some
> of
>> the places I mentioned.
>>
>> What I was really looking for was a picture to see WHAT type of store it
> is
>

> http://www.reviewjournal.com/lvrj_home/2002/Nov-26-Tue-...
>
> I'm in Vegas, which I gather is not one of the biggest ones, but it's
> gargatuan to me. It's a big standalone place, not connected to a shopping
> center like the other electronics stores (I think that's true for most or
> all Fry's locations).
>
> Inside, it's really open, no maze layouts like some places--straight
> aisles
> and nothing else. They have a ton of cashiers most of the time, and one
> line (usually short) with a person directing you to the next available
> cashier. It goes fast. I like that. They also have a great return
> policy,
> and don't give you any hassle for returning.
> On the downside, their non-sale prices overall are average at best, and
> they
> pressure their employees heavily for things like credit card signups (5 a
> week or you get a reprimand), and in some departments, for certain model
> sales. I know 'cause I have a friend who works there.

I've actually been to outpost.com in the past but I had no idea they were
the same. I will definitely have to check it out the next time I am in
Vegas. I would much rather blow my wad on electronics than roulette.
Anonymous
June 18, 2005 1:06:05 AM

"Hank the Rapper" <xflopgoon@REMOVEyahoo.com> wrote in message
> Mattinglyfan wrote:
>
>> I've lived in in LA, SF, Sacramento, Orange County, an AFB in the
>> Mojave Desert, Las Vegas and Colorado and I have never seen a Fry's. You
>> have to be a little more specific than Western US.
>
> Colorado and Utah isn't cool enough to have Fry's.

That's what the internet is for. Although you are right about Utah not
being cool enough. You better lay off Colorado though.
Anonymous
June 18, 2005 11:57:39 PM

> That's what the internet is for. Although you are right about Utah not
> being cool enough. You better lay off Colorado though.

Yeah, man. I'm from Colorado, too. It's TOO cool for Fry's. Or something.
Anonymous
June 18, 2005 11:57:40 PM

> "Mattinglyfan" <Estoscacahuates@comcast.net (deez nuts)> wrote in message
>>
>> That's what the internet is for. Although you are right about Utah not
>> being cool enough. You better lay off Colorado though.
>
> Yeah, man. I'm from Colorado, too. It's TOO cool for Fry's. Or
> something.

That's what I'm talking about! We don't need no stinkin Fry's (although I
wish we had one)!
Anonymous
June 18, 2005 11:57:41 PM

> "Leon Dexter" <leondexterNOSPAM@earthlink.net> wrote in message
>> "Mattinglyfan" <Estoscacahuates@comcast.net (deez nuts)> wrote in
>> message news:3cSdnWOPVsc8Ei7fRVn-
>>>
>>> That's what the internet is for. Although you are right about Utah
>>> not being cool enough. You better lay off Colorado though.
>>
>> Yeah, man. I'm from Colorado, too. It's TOO cool for Fry's. Or
>> something.
>>

> That's what I'm talking about! We don't need no stinkin Fry's
> (although I wish we had one)!

CompUSA had the XBOX San Andreas for $29.99 also (in Belevue, WA). All
copies sold out. But as far as I am conserened, it is still $24.99 too
much...
Anonymous
June 18, 2005 11:57:42 PM

"TheLightsAreOn" <fake@thisaddress.com> wrote in message

>> "Leon Dexter" <leondexterNOSPAM@earthlink.net> wrote in message
>>> "Mattinglyfan" <Estoscacahuates@comcast.net (deez nuts)> wrote in
>>> message news:3cSdnWOPVsc8Ei7fRVn-

>>> Yeah, man. I'm from Colorado, too. It's TOO cool for Fry's. Or
>>> something.
>>>

>> That's what I'm talking about! We don't need no stinkin Fry's
>> (although I wish we had one)!
>>

> CompUSA had the XBOX San Andreas for $29.99 also (in Belevue, WA). All
> copies sold out. But as far as I am conserened, it is still $24.99 too
> much...

To each his own I guess.
Anonymous
June 19, 2005 2:59:28 PM

"Leon Dexter" <leondexterNOSPAM@earthlink.net> wrote in message
> "Mattinglyfan" <Estoscacahuates@comcast.net (deez nuts)> wrote in message
>>
>> That's what the internet is for. Although you are right about Utah not
>> being cool enough. You better lay off Colorado though.
>
> Yeah, man. I'm from Colorado, too. It's TOO cool for Fry's. Or
> something.

Everytime someone mentions Colorado, I can't help but thinking of a somewhat
famous doctor in Trinidad.
Anonymous
June 19, 2005 2:59:29 PM

"Green Shampoo" <GReeN_SHaMPoo@webtv.net> wrote in message
news:D 93c5o$sii$05$1@news.t-online.com...

> "Leon Dexter" <leondexterNOSPAM@earthlink.net> wrote in message
>> "Mattinglyfan" <Estoscacahuates@comcast.net (deez nuts)> wrote in message
>>>
>>> That's what the internet is for. Although you are right about Utah not
>>> being cool enough. You better lay off Colorado though.
>>
>> Yeah, man. I'm from Colorado, too. It's TOO cool for Fry's. Or
>> something.
>>

> Everytime someone mentions Colorado, I can't help but thinking of a
> somewhat famous doctor in Trinidad.

I believe Trinidad now has 5 or 6 of those doctors. It is now the capital
of that particular operation in the US.
Anonymous
June 19, 2005 11:12:57 PM

> Glenwood Springs is a great city (if you are on your way to Vegas or
> someplace cool). I remember when my team used to play Aspen HS in the
> Montrose Tournament and they couldn't catch a fly ball because they had to
> spend the whole winter and spring indoors because all of the grass was
> covered in snow. LOL

There's no grass in Aspen...they import it, though, once the snow melts.
!