Sign in with
Your question

First Time Building a Computer

Last response: in Systems
May 1, 2012 6:12:52 PM

Approximate Purchase Date: next few weeks

Budget Range: about 600-800 not including monitor and windows 7/ ms home and student

System Usage from Most to Least Important: gaming, school work at home, internet, watching movie/tv

Parts Not Required: Only pure pc parts i have a monitor and speakers picked out

Preferred Website(s) for Parts: newegg or tigerdirect

Parts Preferences: none really

Overclocking: maybe in future

SLI or Crossfire: Maybe in future

Monitor Resolution: N/A its a 22 inch tho

Additional Comments: good gaming preformance FIRST TIME BUILDING!! any advice would be great

this is the build i have picked out so far

Motherboard: Gigabyte GA-Z68AP-D3 Intel X68

CPU: Intel Core I5-2500k

Memory: Corsair CMZ8 GX 3M2A1600CAB Vengeance 8 gigs (may change i saw another corsair 8 gig budled with ms home and student2010)

Video Card: EVGA Geforce GTX 560 Ti superclocked (theres so many versions of this but from what ive read this card is best bang for buck not sure if what brand like evga or whatever i need though i saw about 5 different evgas on tigerdirect need help here)

Hard Drive: Segate ST1000DM003 Barracuda 1TB

PSU: Corsair CMPSU-600CXV2 Builder Series (600w)

Case: Cooler Master HAF912 RC-912-KKN1 Mid-tower

CD/DVD drive: Sony Optrac AD720S-OB

Thanks

More about : time building computer

May 1, 2012 6:17:20 PM

Get a Z77 Asrock Pro4 Gen3 MOBO. It is around the same price but is compatible with IB. Also get the i5 3570k for 20 dollars more.
m
l
May 1, 2012 10:34:33 PM

I wasnt really looking to raise the price anymore considering i have to get amonitor ms home and sutdent windows7, mouse, keyboard ill take a look at that motherboard, but do the parts i have listed here all work toghter fine?
m
l
Related resources
May 1, 2012 10:43:28 PM

That corsair PSU is absolutely fine. I wouldn't worry at all.
m
l
May 2, 2012 5:43:04 PM

okay so ive basically settled on all the parts i have ehre excpet the gpu, it looks like im going for a geforce gtx 560 ti 448 core, specfically the evga and the msi twin frozr III can anyone recemned me which one please? is my psu enough for it? im looking at a monitor with a resolution of 1920x1080 is that and the gpu good for games like skyrim, shogun 2, civ 5 and the witchers? Hopefully on ultra? Thank you
m
l
May 4, 2012 10:13:01 PM

The 560ti looks to be a good performer. Check out this link:

http://www.techpowerup.com/reviews/ASUS/GTX_560_Ti_448_...

I would suggest the MSI Twin Frozr III. I've seen a lot of good MSI cards and the Twin Frozrs are always really cool and quiet. I've had a couple of bad EVGA cards, enough to stay away from personally.
m
l
!