Closed Solved

Graphics makers

Heya folks,

I am in the market for a new graphics card. I am actually running a 6550D graphics card thats integrated with my APU. i am looking at the Radeon HD 6770 Graphics card, which is in my budget. Now, my question is, what is the difference between all of the ones online. Theres one from XFX, ASUS, MSI, and powercolor. I just have no clue what the difference is, are they all the same, just different makers, or should i watch out for some manufacturers? I dont want to buy the wrong product, so please any help would be nice. The setup i have at the moment is an MSI A75-G55 FM1 socket motherboard, and an AMD A*8 3870K APU with radeon HD 6550D graphics. Along with Windows 7 home premium 64 bit. Thank you for any help, and any thoughts.
7 answers Last reply Best Answer
More about graphics makers
  1. Samtastic06 said:
    Heya folks,

    I am in the market for a new graphics card. I am actually running a 6550D graphics card thats integrated with my APU. i am looking at the Radeon HD 6770 Graphics card, which is in my budget. Now, my question is, what is the difference between all of the ones online. Theres one from XFX, ASUS, MSI, and powercolor. I just have no clue what the difference is, are they all the same, just different makers, or should i watch out for some manufacturers? I dont want to buy the wrong product, so please any help would be nice. The setup i have at the moment is an MSI A75-G55 FM1 socket motherboard, and an AMD A*8 3870K APU with radeon HD 6550D graphics. Along with Windows 7 home premium 64 bit. Thank you for any help, and any thoughts.



    Also, would it matter if that memory on the card is DDR5? or do i just need to have the pcie port like usual?
  2. Best answer
    XFX, ASUS, MSI, Sapphire & Powercolor are all partners for AMD, AMD makes the GPU and the companies make the PCB with the cooling Design.

    Powercolor uses some low materials, XFX is kinda cool but i don't trust them always...best partner for AMD is Sapphire, Asus & MSI are great but with high end GPUs. And you can always look on the feedback from customers when you select a particular one.

    I didn't understand your second question.
  3. ilysaml said:
    XFX, ASUS, MSI, Sapphire & Powercolor are all partners for AMD, AMD makes the GPU and the companies make the PCB with the cooling Design.

    Powercolor uses some low materials, XFX is kinda cool but i don't trust them always...best partner for AMD is Sapphire, Asus & MSI are great but with high end GPUs. And you can always look on the feedback from customers when you select a particular one.

    I didn't understand your second question.



    As to the second part, what i meant was the memory on the cards, some of them are DDR3 and DDR5, what i am wondering is does it make any difference in the slot i would put the card in? Or does it just mean it has upgraded memory over the other cards, in the case of DDR5. sorry if i am confusing.
  4. DDR5 is better than DDR3. DDR5 provides faster transfer rates and less power consumption. In your case it wouldn't matter too much if you get the DDR5 or DDR3 version. Both will work pretty well on your board.
    Quote:
    what i am wondering is does it make any difference in the slot i would put the card in

    Any of the cards just require a PCIE 2.0 x16 slot. =)
  5. Best answer selected by Samtastic06.
  6. Thank you, definitely helps before i spend money then freak out over it.
  7. This topic has been closed by Mousemonkey
Ask a new question

Read More

Graphics Cards Graphics