Computer not turinng on

WretchedSoul44

Distinguished
Feb 12, 2012
Last night I was installing linux mint from a dvd onto my computer and decided to let it run over night. Around 5:30 in the morning I had a weird feeling about my computer (weird right?) and I couldn't go back to sleep. So i got out of bed and noticed that my computer had been turned off or in other words it wasn't running anymore. The lights of the Mobo(standby) lights were on but the fans and water pump were not on. I thought maybe something leaked from one of the lines or barbs, so I checked for any thing wet or stained. Nothing. I decided to try to turn my computer on, and all that happened was the fans spun for one second, maybe less, and stopped. Nothing else happened. I've checked online for some answers like removing and putting back the cmos and taking out the mobo battery for 30 seconds or so. What other things could I do if that doesn't seem to solve the issue. I'm at work right now so I'll be trying to use those answers when I get home. Thanks ahead of time.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
i5 3570K
Asus P8Z77 V Deluxe
Lepa 900w PSU Gold
16 GB Corsair Vengeance Ram
GTX 580 /w Danger Den Copper Water Block

WretchedSoul44

Distinguished
Feb 12, 2012
I'll be sure to check that out. I'm hoping its just the PSU and not the mobo. I do have a 450w PSU but when I check to see if its not only the PSU, ill make sure to unplug my GTX 580.

WretchedSoul44

Distinguished
Feb 12, 2012
Phew... So i finally got it working. What happened is either two things but one thing for sure. I found out that my PSU was good. and well pretty much all my parts too. It might of had a faulty usb connection from my case to my mobo, so I unplugged it, and it started to work. but then shortly after it posted, it shut off again. So I thought it had to be something to do with it grounding itself. I had to put thicker plastic washers in the CPU water bracket, and then it began to work.

I'm giving you venjhammet the best answer award, since your pretty much the only one to answer.
Thanks for you time!