Badge delay.

jrwizbang

Distinguished
Apr 21, 2010
I was wondering about the badge system. The requirement for one of the badges is to have been a member for 2 years. I joined on April 21st 2010, and have not received the badge. I was wondering if things like this require approval by admins or something and that is why there is sometimes a delay like this? Just wondering. No big deal.

jrwizbang

Distinguished
Apr 21, 2010

It appears when I log in there. And even here, on Tom'S Hardware, I got a message saying that I received it, but it doesn't show up on my profile. Weird.

jrwizbang

Distinguished
Apr 21, 2010

Yeah I was surprised when I realized that it had been 2 years. Of course, I was inactive for quite a while though.

20120426084130x.png

jrwizbang

Distinguished
Apr 21, 2010
Yeah my badge is on Tom's guide, but here it is not. And on Tom's Guide, there are only three, where I have 5 here, and none of them the Captain badge. I guess ill just have to wait.

D

Deleted member 217926

Wow, found my Captain and Admiral badges. Stupid bug.

In my opinion, if we have to have badges at all, there should be one for folks like re-conuk and amuffin for getting so many posts on the clock in such a short time. The automatic badge upgrade just for being here is almost as farcical as the number of times they fail to appear. - especially in the UK Forum.

Sometimes I think too much of my time is dedicated to this website. Though I mostly use this website at school and not as much at home anymore. Plus, I just realized I have 4 more best answers to go, before I get my GOLD cpu and components badge!!! :sol:

Monthly ranked 1st? Dang...
Though I did maintain 1st place for four months in the cpu and components section...Plus, I really started using the website in november. All of that time from june/july I never used the website :p

This is what I got:
Global rank: 47 out of 738440 (38917 points)
Monthly rank (April): 5 out of 738440 (6361 points)

jrwizbang

Distinguished
Apr 21, 2010
Looks like we got some competition going on :p I come on here as much as I can but between high school, sports, family, friends, extra curricular stuff, volunteering, music production, and various other hobbies, the amount of time that I can spend on the forums is limited. Though I do try :)

I'm about the same age as you are, and I do spend like maybe 30 minutes or so, during school days. But since it's my summer vacation, I spend more time here than usual. :)

No competition then - you're both here for the right reasons. It's comforting for me,, at my age, to know that you at yours, have such a good attitude to others you seek to help. That should keep Tom's going for another century. :D