Sign in with
Sign up | Sign in
Your question
Solved

The best Air Flow Mid Tower <$100?

Last response: in Components
Share
August 15, 2012 2:47:55 PM

Hi, I am in the market for a Mid Tower case for my new computer built around i5-3570K(Hyper212Evo)+GTX 670FTW.

What Mid Tower in the below $100 range have the best Air Flow(noise not an issue, however I'd like the intake fans and bottom fan slots to have dust filter)?

I am currently considering Corsair 400R and NZXT Phantom 410, with the edge to 400R's bottom dust filter. I live in the US so Cases like the HAF 912 Advanced is not avaliable to me.

More about : air flow mid tower 100

Best solution

a b ) Power supply
August 15, 2012 4:36:01 PM

sherlockwing said:
Hi, I am in the market for a Mid Tower case for my new computer built around i5-3570K(Hyper212Evo)+GTX 670FTW.

What Mid Tower in the below $100 range have the best Air Flow(noise not an issue, however I'd like the intake fans and bottom fan slots to have dust filter)?

I am currently considering Corsair 400R and NZXT Phantom 410, with the edge to 400R's bottom dust filter. I live in the US so Cases like the HAF 912 Advanced is not avaliable to me.



400r all the way and no mistake.

http://www.corsair.com/pc-cases/carbide-series-pc-case/...
Share
August 15, 2012 4:51:27 PM

Uther39 said:
400r all the way and no mistake.

http://www.corsair.com/pc-cases/carbide-series-pc-case/...


Yeah I seen a few good reviews on corsair 400r and finally one mentioning it have front fan dust filter(I always thought it didn't have one). A bit concerned about no fan controller but from what I heard it is not that noisy. I do like the overall build and Space avaliable for future upgrades(H100/AK920/NH-D14 or just a few 140mm fans).
m
0
l
Related resources
a b ) Power supply
August 15, 2012 5:07:42 PM

You dont need a fan controller just use the fan connectors on your mobo and if you dont have enough of them then i swear by these as there an excellent way of controlling all your case fans using the mobos PWM fan connector which keeps all your cooling in harmony with your CPU.

AK-CBFA03-45 - 45cm Akasa Flexa FP5 PWM 5 fan splitter Black Braided Cable Powered via 4 Pin Molex
FLEXA FP5 Supports 5 PWM 4pin or 3 pin fans from a single motherboard Fan header powered Molex




m
0
l
August 15, 2012 5:08:11 PM

Uther39 said:
You dont need a fan controller just use the fan connectors on your mobo and if you dont have enough of them then i swear by these as there an excellent way of controlling all your case fans using the mobos PWM fan connector which keeps all your cooling in harmony with your CPU.

AK-CBFA03-45 - 45cm Akasa Flexa FP5 PWM 5 fan splitter Black Braided Cable Powered via 4 Pin Molex
FLEXA FP5 Supports 5 PWM 4pin or 3 pin fans from a single motherboard Fan header powered Molex
http://static.scan.co.uk/images/products/1549535-a.jpg
http://static.scan.co.uk/images/products/1549535-b.jpg
http://static.scan.co.uk/images/products/1549535-c.jpg


Thanks for the tip, I am going to use a ASRock Extreme 4 board with support 2 4 pin and 4 3pin fans so those should do nicely.
m
0
l
August 21, 2012 11:58:02 PM

Best answer selected by sherlockwing.
m
0
l
!