Print Screen

How do I get my "Print Screen" to function? I read a thread sometime ago
regarding the use with another key but can't seem to find it. Any help is
appreciated.

RJJ
4 answers Last reply
More about print screen

    Hi

    Can't you import the result of Print Screen into Paint using Ctrl + V?

    --

    Will Denny
    MS-MVP - Windows Shell/User

    "RJJ" <RJJ@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
    > How do I get my "Print Screen" to function? I read a thread sometime ago
    > regarding the use with another key but can't seem to find it. Any help is
    > appreciated.
    >
    > RJJ

    Pressing *Print Screen* puts the whole screen onto the Clipboard, _or_
    Pressing *Alt + Print Screenn* puts the currrently open window onto the
    Clipboard.

    Open *Paint* Word* *Visio* or whatever and *Paste* (Ctrl + V) the contents
    of the Clipboard.

    HTH

    "RJJ" <RJJ@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
    > How do I get my "Print Screen" to function? I read a thread sometime ago
    > regarding the use with another key but can't seem to find it. Any help is
    > appreciated.
    >
    > RJJ

    That seems to work now. Not sure why it wasn't working before.

    Thanks Much,
    RJJ

    "zulu" wrote:

    > Pressing *Print Screen* puts the whole screen onto the Clipboard, _or_
    > Pressing *Alt + Print Screenn* puts the currrently open window onto the
    > Clipboard.
    >
    > Open *Paint* Word* *Visio* or whatever and *Paste* (Ctrl + V) the contents
    > of the Clipboard.
    >
    > HTH
    >
    > "RJJ" <RJJ@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
    > > How do I get my "Print Screen" to function? I read a thread sometime ago
    > > regarding the use with another key but can't seem to find it. Any help is
    > > appreciated.
    > >
    > > RJJ

    Probably because you thought something was going to pop up automatically
    in front of you displaying the results of that action Not so. You have
    to either open the Clipbook Viewer or open Word, Wordpad, Notepad,
    Paint, etc, and paste the result to see it.
    Gene K