Print Screen

December 2, 2004 5:59:03 AM

How do I get my "Print Screen" to function? I read a thread sometime ago
regarding the use with another key but can't seem to find it. Any help is
appreciated.

RJJ

More about : print screen

Anonymous
December 2, 2004 2:08:48 PM

Hi

Can't you import the result of Print Screen into Paint using Ctrl + V?

--

Will Denny
MS-MVP - Windows Shell/User

"RJJ" <RJJ@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> How do I get my "Print Screen" to function? I read a thread sometime ago
> regarding the use with another key but can't seem to find it. Any help is
> appreciated.
>
> RJJ
December 2, 2004 5:42:28 PM

Pressing *Print Screen* puts the whole screen onto the Clipboard, _or_
Pressing *Alt + Print Screenn* puts the currrently open window onto the
Clipboard.

Open *Paint* Word* *Visio* or whatever and *Paste* (Ctrl + V) the contents
of the Clipboard.

HTH

"RJJ" <RJJ@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> How do I get my "Print Screen" to function? I read a thread sometime ago
> regarding the use with another key but can't seem to find it. Any help is
> appreciated.
>
> RJJ
December 2, 2004 5:43:02 PM

That seems to work now. Not sure why it wasn't working before.

Thanks Much,
RJJ

"zulu" wrote:

> Pressing *Print Screen* puts the whole screen onto the Clipboard, _or_
> Pressing *Alt + Print Screenn* puts the currrently open window onto the
> Clipboard.
>
> Open *Paint* Word* *Visio* or whatever and *Paste* (Ctrl + V) the contents
> of the Clipboard.
>
> HTH
>
> "RJJ" <RJJ@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> > How do I get my "Print Screen" to function? I read a thread sometime ago
> > regarding the use with another key but can't seem to find it. Any help is
> > appreciated.
> >
> > RJJ

Anonymous
December 3, 2004 12:08:25 AM

Probably because you thought something was going to pop up automatically
in front of you displaying the results of that action Not so. You have
to either open the Clipbook Viewer or open Word, Wordpad, Notepad,
Paint, etc, and paste the result to see it.
Gene K

!