moonspell239

Honorable
May 1, 2012
Hello,
I'm getting a new pc soon. I'm not a real hard core gamer, but I like games like Spore, Age of Empires series, Rise of Nations, etc. Is this a good configuration for those games?
*BASE_PRICE: [ 1285]

BLUETOOTH: None

CAS: * Azza Hurrican 2000 Full Tower Gaming Case with 4 Hot Swappable HDD Cage & (4) 230MM Fans

CASUPGRADE: 12in Cold Cathode Neon Light [ 10] (Blue Color)

CD: LG UH12LS28K 12X Blu-Ray Player & DVDRW Combo Drive [ 41] (BLACK COLOR)

CD2: None

COOLANT: Standard Coolant

CPU: Intel® Core™ i7-3820 Quad-Core 3.60 GHz 10MB Intel Smart Cache LGA2011 (All Venom OC Certified)

CS_FAN: Maximum 120MM Color Case Cooling Fans for your selected case [ 15] (Blue Color)

ENGRAVING: None

FA_HDD: Vigor iSURF II Hard Disk Drive Cooling System [ 21] (1 x System)

FAN: Corsair Hydro Series H60 High Performance Liquid Cooling System 120MM Radiator & Fan [ 0] (Single Standard 120MM Fan)

FLASHMEDIA: INTERNAL 12in1 Flash Media Reader/Writer (BLACK COLOR)

FREEBIE_CS: None

FREEBIE_CU: FREE! Mass Effect 3 Game [ 0]

GLASSES: None

HDD: 1TB SATA-III 6.0Gb/s 32MB Cache 7200RPM HDD (Single Drive)

HDD2: None

IEEE_CARD: None

IUSB: Built-in USB 2.0 Ports

KEYBOARD: Xtreme Gear (Black Color) Multimedia/Internet USB Keyboard

MEMORY: 16GB (4GBx4) DDR3/1333MHz Quad Channel Memory [ 35] (Corsair or Major Brand)

MONITOR: None

MONITOR2: None

MONITOR3: None

MOTHERBOARD: (SLI/CrossFireX) Asus P9X79 Intel X79 Chipset Quad Channel DDR3 ATX w/ UEFI BIOS, 7.1 HD Audio, Intel GbLAN, USB3.0, SATA-III RAID, 3 Gen3 PCIe X16, 2 PCIe X1 & 1 PCI [ 10]

MOUSE: XtremeGear Optical USB 3 Buttons Gaming Mouse

NETWORK: Onboard Gigabit LAN Network

NOISEREDUCE1: Power Supply Gasket [ 5]

NOISEREDUCE2: Anti-Vibration Fan Mounts [ 9]

OVERCLOCK: Pro OC (Performance Overclock 10% or more) [ 19]

POWERSUPPLY: 800 Watts - Standard Power Supply - SLI/CrossFireX Ready

RUSH: NO; READY TO SHIP IN 10~15 BUSINESS DAYS

SERVICE: STANDARD WARRANTY: 3-YEAR LIMITED WARRANTY PLUS LIFE-TIME TECHNICAL SUPPORT

SOUND: HIGH DEFINITION ON-BOARD 7.1 AUDIO

SPEAKERS: None

TEMP: None

TUNING: Intel® Core™ i7-3820 Performance Tuning Protection Plan by Intel [ 29]

TVRC: None

USB: None

USBFLASH: None

USBHD: None

USBX: NZXT Internal USB 6-PORT Expansion Module USB Bluetooth 2.X EDR Dongle with Led Light Thumb Size [ 29]

VIDEO: NVIDIA GeForce GTX 560 Ti 2GB 16X PCIe Video Card [ 133] (Major Brand Powered by NVIDIA)

VIDEO2: None

VIDEO3: None

WNC: None

_PRICE: ( 1641)

_view_: {004F6F44-ADA6-4C10-8400-073F5E2420BF}

_load_: 4/27/2012 8:53:28 AM

mojorisin23

Distinguished
Jan 7, 2012
Many issues with this build.

General rule of thumb with Cyberpower: never get "standard...or major brand" with anything.

So get rid of the PSU and get a Corsair TX850W.

You don't need a HD cooler.

On the liquid cooler, get the push-pull configuration.

If you're spending the money on a 580, get a brand name. Usually they offer EVGA.

You could easily overclock it yourself and save that money. youtube videos show you how in the bios. takes 5 min.

I would personally go with a z77 but that's personal preference.

Even with those changes its still overkill for games like age of empires. you could save several hundred by downgrading several items like the CPU to a i5 2500k.

Toss the RAM and get HyperX 1600; you only really need 4gb x 2; 16 gb are for programmers and heavy video editors.

CrestfallenDesign

Honorable
May 2, 2012
^ listen to him ^

Also just for next time, just write down what it'll have, if it doesnt have a second or third videocard just leave it out.
big lists like this would usually discourage people from reading it and you'd usually have a hard time getting answers.
even things like freebies, we dont really need to know that.

moonspell239

Honorable
May 1, 2012
The answer, along with what seems like EVERY review I've read, mentions the psu. Answer recieved and understood, but I can't get a new psu until next month. Is it ok to use the Extreme Gear until then, Or should I use my current, older, pc until the new psu is installed on my new pc?

moonspell239

Honorable
May 1, 2012
Sad to say, I had already ordered the computer before I thought to ask about the build. After I got my first responce I quickly went to Cyber Power and asked for a change in the psu. IThe order had not beeb shipped yet, but the person told me that it was too late. The pc had already been built. I don't understand why they couldn't do it before they shipped it, but it's not my company. The psu was my biggest concern, but it was too late, so they say. Next time I'll get some build advice BEFORE I order