Need Help Determining How Much Wattage I need.

Hey guys, I was wondering what wattage would be good for my current parts that I picked out. I porbably won't overclock any time soon, and I need a PSU that's cheap but works well. I don't have too much money to spend now, so I can upgrade my PSU later if need be. Thanks!

CPU: Intel Core i5-2500K 3.3GHz Quad-Core Processor

Sapphire Radeon HD 6950 2GB Video Card

ASRock Z75 Pro3 ATX LGA1155 Motherboard
10 answers Last reply
More about need determining wattage need
  1. a good 450 watts will be fine where you buying from and whats your budget?
  2. obsidian86 said:
    a good 450 watts will be fine where you buying from and whats your budget?


    I want my budget to be around 750. Right now I have around 50-60 dollars to spend on a PSU.
  3. The OCZ ModXstream is $40 after discount/MIR on Amazon. A great deal on a decent quality PSU that is more than sufficient for your PC. I run an HD6950 on a Seasonic M12I-520; great PSU but a bit out of your price range.
  4. Rugger said:
    The OCZ ModXstream is $40 after discount/MIR on Amazon. A great deal on a decent quality PSU that is more than sufficient for your PC. I run an HD6950 on a Seasonic M12I-520; great PSU but a bit out of your price range.


    Hmm I can't seem to find it. I see the 500w 600w and 700w options, but I don't see one for 40 dollars. Could you possibly link me to one? Thanks!
  5. I´d get a 500 Watt power supply from a good manufacturer.

    CORSAIR Builder Series CX500 V2 500W http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16817139027
  6. jemm said:
    I´d get a 500 Watt power supply from a good manufacturer.

    CORSAIR Builder Series CX500 V2 500W http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16817139027


    Thanks for the suggestion. However would you recommend this psu as well?
    http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16817182044&nm_mc=AFC-C8Junction&cm_mmc=AFC-C8Junction-_-na-_-na-_-na&AID=10446076&PID=3938566&SID=
  7. http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16817341017&Tpk=ocz%20modxstream%20600w
    $10 instant discount using this promo code: EMCNBJF66 Then there is a $25 mail-in-rebate (MIR).
  8. kevinduan said:


    I don´t think you´d have any problem with a Rosewill PSU, tough the Corsair deal offers $10.00 rebate, making it just $5.00 difference.

    Mind that Corsair´s warranty for this PSU is 3 years, while Rosewill is just 1 year.
  9. Rugger said:
    http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16817341017&Tpk=ocz%20modxstream%20600w
    $10 instant discount using this promo code: EMCNBJF66 Then there is a $25 mail-in-rebate (MIR).

    Thanks I think I'll go with that one :)
  10. You're welcome - enjoy!
Ask a new question

Read More

Power Supplies Components Product