Sign in with
Sign up | Sign in
Your question
Solved

I want to upgrade my pc

Last response: in Systems
Share
May 1, 2012 11:34:07 PM

hi my current specs are.

my memory

http://www.tigerdirect.com/applications/SearchTools/ite...

mother board

http://www.tigerdirect.com/applications/SearchTools/ite...

processer

http://www.tigerdirect.com/applications/SearchTools/ite...

power supply

http://www.tigerdirect.com/applications/SearchTools/ite...

video card

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B004IMF1IM/ref=oh_deta...



im looking to upgrade it a bit maybe switch to Intel i spent around 450 or 500 on this not including the hard drive, the case, all that stuff i would go around 600 or 700 if that will make it anymore powerful i do game alot so i would like it to be more powerful then what i have above.

More about : upgrade

May 1, 2012 11:40:36 PM

So you didn't give a real direct answer to your budget unless you when you said, "go around 600 or 700." unless u mean you are willing to spend 100-200.
m
0
l
a b B Homebuilt system
May 1, 2012 11:42:42 PM

You'd probably do well with upgrading your Graphics card and overclocking your cpu. If you decide you do want to switch to Intel:

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E168...
http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E168...
http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E168...
http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E168...
Total: $699.96 with all parts, $349.98 for just the graphics and psu upgrade.
m
0
l
Related resources
May 1, 2012 11:46:51 PM

kelthic said:
You'd probably do well with upgrading your Graphics card and overclocking your cpu. If you decide you do want to switch to Intel:

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E168...
http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E168...
http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E168...
http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E168...
Total: $699.96 with all parts, $349.98 for just the graphics and psu upgrade.





ok thank you um would you be able too pick me out a better mother board amd3 and or amd3+ and maybe a better cpu, and i will stick with that video card you said.
m
0
l
May 2, 2012 12:00:48 AM

Well of those parts the only thing I would keep is the memory, the PSU is crap better use for it is a paperweight. The CPU and motherboard won't be used because you should upgrade to Intel.


CPU- both of these are the same but if you have a microcenter in your area you can get it way cheaper.
http://www.microcenter.com/single_product_results.phtml...
http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E168...

Motherboard- this one supports CF/SLI for future upgrades.
http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E168...

CPU cooler- so that you can overclock your processor.
http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E168...

PSU- this one is fully modular and supports two GPU. If you chose a different cheaper GPU that requires two PCI-E per card you will need this. If you go with the card I chose I listed another PSU by the GPU. To see the power requirement of the computer check here http://extreme.outervision.com/psucalculatorlite.jsp
http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E168...

GPU- this is a very powerful card, it performs about equal to the 570 but is $40-50 less (if you get this one you can get a different cheaper PSU because this card only requires one PCI-E connector not two it is also fully modular http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E168... ).
This card is currently out of stock but it is the nicest model for the price.
http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E168...
This is how the card performs http://www.tomshardware.com/reviews/radeon-hd-7870-revi...
m
0
l
May 2, 2012 12:07:25 AM

If you want to chose a worse CPU because intel CPU are way better you can get this AMD processor, the best one they made, better than the bad FX processors.
http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E168...
It is the fastest AMD Phenom ll processor that was made and can be overclocked for even better performance then you could keep your current motherboard and get the CPU cooler I already listed then you can get one of these GPU.
7870- http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E168...
7950- http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E168...
7970- http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E168...
m
0
l
May 2, 2012 12:18:05 AM

Yes that is more than powerful enough the 550 W will actually power two of the 7850 but if you want that PSU it will work. I chose the others because they are fully modular and I like that.
m
0
l
May 2, 2012 12:24:17 AM

andrewcarr said:
If you want to chose a worse CPU because intel CPU are way better you can get this AMD processor, the best one they made, better than the bad FX processors.
http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E168...
It is the fastest AMD Phenom ll processor that was made and can be overclocked for even better performance then you could keep your current motherboard and get the CPU cooler I already listed then you can get one of these GPU.
7870- http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E168...
7950- http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E168...
7970- http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E168...



i am thinking about doing this um is there anyway u could find a better video card then the one i have now around the 200-300 um the ones you have are great just i dont have alot of money i only work part time so im not pulling the best cash in but if you cant ill buy one of them?
m
0
l
May 2, 2012 12:25:13 AM

kelthic said:
For AMD:

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E168...
http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E168...

would be a pretty solid option. I'm really not as familiar with AMD as i'd like, and i'm not sure the jump from your current CPU to the 8120 would justify the price.


This is true.

It's not really much of an upgrade for anything you want to replace, except maybe the Power supply. Even the GPU is kind of a stretch. I would just upgrade the GPU and Power supply and then see if you needed anything else.
m
0
l
May 2, 2012 12:27:44 AM

That's why I chose the 7850 originally because it was a cheaper option that fit into the price better. If you can't afford the better GPU that that one.
m
0
l
May 2, 2012 12:44:50 AM

kelthic said:
um the 980 performs worse than the 1045t. keep your current cpu before getting that one.

http://www.cpubenchmark.net/high_end_cpus.html




oh wow im just gonna buy the coolermaster evo and put that on my cpu and over clock it... and buy the video card he said.
m
0
l

Best solution

a b B Homebuilt system
May 2, 2012 12:46:54 AM

yeah i hate to be the bearer of bad news, but you've come to the point in your system where you have to consider a larger upgrade to go intel, or squeeze everythign you can out of the amd chip you have. A new graphics card would be the best bet. And please replace that psu. :) 
Share
May 2, 2012 12:54:58 AM

Best answer selected by xXmjzXx.
m
0
l
May 2, 2012 12:56:19 AM

xXmjzXx said:
oh wow im just gonna buy the coolermaster evo and put that on my cpu and over clock it... and buy the video card he said.


I'd get the 7950 if it was in your budget :)  and the HSF and the power supply and call it a day
m
0
l
!