Default folder in Windows Explorer

wombat

Distinguished
May 3, 2004

Hi,

I'd like to configure Windows Explorer so that it defaults to D:\ instead of
My Documents. I understand that this can be accomplished by adding the
folder to the properties of the shortcut. However, I always use the
keyboard (Win + E) to open Explorer (I prefer not to use the mouse if it can
be avoided).

Is there anyway to set the default folder when this keyboard shortcut is
used?

Many thanks!

Hi

You can't default to D:\ using WinKey + E - only via changing the Target box
in Programs>Accesories or by creating a Desktop shortcut to the D drive.

--

Will Denny
MS-MVP - Windows Shell/User

"Wombat" <xxx@xxx.xxx> wrote in message
> Hi,
>
> I'd like to configure Windows Explorer so that it defaults to D:\ instead
> of
> My Documents. I understand that this can be accomplished by adding the
> folder to the properties of the shortcut. However, I always use the
> keyboard (Win + E) to open Explorer (I prefer not to use the mouse if it
> can
> be avoided).
>
> Is there anyway to set the default folder when this keyboard shortcut is
> used?
>
> Many thanks!

wombat

Distinguished
May 3, 2004

Hrmph, that's annoying. Ah well; at least now I know that I'm not missing
anything obvious - thank you for your reply!

> Hi
>
> You can't default to D:\ using WinKey + E - only via changing the Target
box
> in Programs>Accesories or by creating a Desktop shortcut to the D drive.
>
> --
>
> Will Denny
> MS-MVP - Windows Shell/User
> Please reply to the News Groups
>

> "Wombat" <xxx@xxx.xxx> wrote in message
> > Hi,
> >
> > I'd like to configure Windows Explorer so that it defaults to D:\
instead
> > of
> > My Documents. I understand that this can be accomplished by adding the
> > folder to the properties of the shortcut. However, I always use the
> > keyboard (Win + E) to open Explorer (I prefer not to use the mouse if it
> > can
> > be avoided).
> >
> > Is there anyway to set the default folder when this keyboard shortcut is
> > used?
> >
> > Many thanks!

Yeah - bummer.!!