Sign in with
Sign up | Sign in
Your question

Default folder in Windows Explorer

Last response: in Windows XP
Share
December 2, 2004 2:29:44 PM

Archived from groups: microsoft.public.windowsxp.customize (More info?)

Hi,

I'd like to configure Windows Explorer so that it defaults to D:\ instead of
My Documents. I understand that this can be accomplished by adding the
folder to the properties of the shortcut. However, I always use the
keyboard (Win + E) to open Explorer (I prefer not to use the mouse if it can
be avoided).

Is there anyway to set the default folder when this keyboard shortcut is
used?

Many thanks!
Anonymous
December 2, 2004 2:46:54 PM

Archived from groups: microsoft.public.windowsxp.customize (More info?)

Hi

You can't default to D:\ using WinKey + E - only via changing the Target box
in Programs>Accesories or by creating a Desktop shortcut to the D drive.

--

Will Denny
MS-MVP - Windows Shell/User
Please reply to the News Groups


"Wombat" <xxx@xxx.xxx> wrote in message
news:41aefca8$0$108$65c69314@mercury.nildram.net...
> Hi,
>
> I'd like to configure Windows Explorer so that it defaults to D:\ instead
> of
> My Documents. I understand that this can be accomplished by adding the
> folder to the properties of the shortcut. However, I always use the
> keyboard (Win + E) to open Explorer (I prefer not to use the mouse if it
> can
> be avoided).
>
> Is there anyway to set the default folder when this keyboard shortcut is
> used?
>
> Many thanks!
>
>
December 2, 2004 6:30:51 PM

Archived from groups: microsoft.public.windowsxp.customize (More info?)

Hrmph, that's annoying. Ah well; at least now I know that I'm not missing
anything obvious - thank you for your reply!


"Will Denny" <willdenny@mvps.org> wrote in message
news:o dTOhSG2EHA.936@TK2MSFTNGP12.phx.gbl...
> Hi
>
> You can't default to D:\ using WinKey + E - only via changing the Target
box
> in Programs>Accesories or by creating a Desktop shortcut to the D drive.
>
> --
>
> Will Denny
> MS-MVP - Windows Shell/User
> Please reply to the News Groups
>
>
> "Wombat" <xxx@xxx.xxx> wrote in message
> news:41aefca8$0$108$65c69314@mercury.nildram.net...
> > Hi,
> >
> > I'd like to configure Windows Explorer so that it defaults to D:\
instead
> > of
> > My Documents. I understand that this can be accomplished by adding the
> > folder to the properties of the shortcut. However, I always use the
> > keyboard (Win + E) to open Explorer (I prefer not to use the mouse if it
> > can
> > be avoided).
> >
> > Is there anyway to set the default folder when this keyboard shortcut is
> > used?
> >
> > Many thanks!
> >
> >
>
>
Anonymous
December 2, 2004 7:41:02 PM

Archived from groups: microsoft.public.windowsxp.customize (More info?)

Yeah - bummer.!!

--

Will Denny
MS-MVP - Windows Shell/User
Please reply to the News Groups


"Wombat" <xxx@xxx.xxx> wrote in message
news:41af352a$0$105$65c69314@mercury.nildram.net...
> Hrmph, that's annoying. Ah well; at least now I know that I'm not missing
> anything obvious - thank you for your reply!
>
>
> "Will Denny" <willdenny@mvps.org> wrote in message
> news:o dTOhSG2EHA.936@TK2MSFTNGP12.phx.gbl...
>> Hi
>>
>> You can't default to D:\ using WinKey + E - only via changing the Target
> box
>> in Programs>Accesories or by creating a Desktop shortcut to the D drive.
>>
>> --
>>
>> Will Denny
>> MS-MVP - Windows Shell/User
>> Please reply to the News Groups
>>
>>
>> "Wombat" <xxx@xxx.xxx> wrote in message
>> news:41aefca8$0$108$65c69314@mercury.nildram.net...
>> > Hi,
>> >
>> > I'd like to configure Windows Explorer so that it defaults to D:\
> instead
>> > of
>> > My Documents. I understand that this can be accomplished by adding the
>> > folder to the properties of the shortcut. However, I always use the
>> > keyboard (Win + E) to open Explorer (I prefer not to use the mouse if
>> > it
>> > can
>> > be avoided).
>> >
>> > Is there anyway to set the default folder when this keyboard shortcut
>> > is
>> > used?
>> >
>> > Many thanks!
>> >
>> >
>>
>>
>
>
!