Default folder in Windows Explorer

Hi,

I'd like to configure Windows Explorer so that it defaults to D:\ instead of
My Documents. I understand that this can be accomplished by adding the
folder to the properties of the shortcut. However, I always use the
keyboard (Win + E) to open Explorer (I prefer not to use the mouse if it can
be avoided).

Is there anyway to set the default folder when this keyboard shortcut is
used?

Many thanks!
3 answers Last reply
More about default folder windows explorer

    Hi

    You can't default to D:\ using WinKey + E - only via changing the Target box
    in Programs>Accesories or by creating a Desktop shortcut to the D drive.

    --

    Will Denny
    MS-MVP - Windows Shell/User

    "Wombat" <xxx@xxx.xxx> wrote in message
    > Hi,
    >
    > I'd like to configure Windows Explorer so that it defaults to D:\ instead
    > of
    > My Documents. I understand that this can be accomplished by adding the
    > folder to the properties of the shortcut. However, I always use the
    > keyboard (Win + E) to open Explorer (I prefer not to use the mouse if it
    > can
    > be avoided).
    >
    > Is there anyway to set the default folder when this keyboard shortcut is
    > used?
    >
    > Many thanks!

    Hrmph, that's annoying. Ah well; at least now I know that I'm not missing
    anything obvious - thank you for your reply!

    > Hi
    >
    > You can't default to D:\ using WinKey + E - only via changing the Target
    box
    > in Programs>Accesories or by creating a Desktop shortcut to the D drive.
    >
    > --
    >
    > Will Denny
    > MS-MVP - Windows Shell/User
    > Please reply to the News Groups
    >

    > "Wombat" <xxx@xxx.xxx> wrote in message
    > > Hi,
    > >
    > > I'd like to configure Windows Explorer so that it defaults to D:\
    instead
    > > of
    > > My Documents. I understand that this can be accomplished by adding the
    > > folder to the properties of the shortcut. However, I always use the
    > > keyboard (Win + E) to open Explorer (I prefer not to use the mouse if it
    > > can
    > > be avoided).
    > >
    > > Is there anyway to set the default folder when this keyboard shortcut is
    > > used?
    > >
    > > Many thanks!

    Yeah - bummer.!!

    --

    > Hrmph, that's annoying. Ah well; at least now I know that I'm not missing
    > anything obvious - thank you for your reply!

    >> Hi
    >>
    >> You can't default to D:\ using WinKey + E - only via changing the Target
    > box
    >> in Programs>Accesories or by creating a Desktop shortcut to the D drive.
    >>
    >> --
    >>
    >> Will Denny
    >> MS-MVP - Windows Shell/User
    >> Please reply to the News Groups
    >>

    >> "Wombat" <xxx@xxx.xxx> wrote in message
    >> > Hi,
    >> >
    >> > I'd like to configure Windows Explorer so that it defaults to D:\
    > instead
    >> > of
    >> > My Documents. I understand that this can be accomplished by adding the
    >> > folder to the properties of the shortcut. However, I always use the
    >> > keyboard (Win + E) to open Explorer (I prefer not to use the mouse if
    >> > it
    >> > can
    >> > be avoided).
    >> >
    >> > Is there anyway to set the default folder when this keyboard shortcut
    >> > is
    >> > used?
    >> >
    >> > Many thanks!

Configuration Windows Explorer Default Keyboards Windows XP