Sign in with
Your question

Sapphire HD 7950 loses Audio when HDMI input is changed

Last response: in Systems
May 1, 2012 11:40:02 PM

I've tried everything from rolling back drivers, to reinstalling them, to using older ones and nothing has worked so far.

I use the PS3 3D Display. There have been no issues with it when I was using it with my G73 laptop, which also uses an AMD card. I could switch my display over to my PS3, then switch it back to my PC and have audio.

Now with my custom built PC, this is no longer the case. It completely loses audio when I go to a different input and then back to my PC input.

The only way to get back the audio is to either restart my system or unplug and plug the HDMI back in again.

Sapphire HD 7950 12.4
Sound driver version 7.12.0.7706
i7 2600k
ASUS P8Z68-V/GEN3 LGA 1155

Any other suggestions would be awesome. I am pretty much out of options right now...
May 2, 2012 12:16:25 AM

Doesn't work... I kept my display on when I rebooted my PC and the issue still happens when I switch inputs.
m
l
Related resources
May 2, 2012 12:20:43 AM

Disable other audio output devices on your system (onboard).
m
l
May 2, 2012 12:26:57 AM

Tried that as well... Still get this

http://i.imgur.com/GLzks.jpg

edit: What do you mean by onboard? I went to the playback devices and disabled every audio thing there except my display.
m
l
May 30, 2012 9:36:51 AM

I am on a 6800 series ATI card and also have the same issue. I used to be able to switch between tv and hdmi input and the sound would still work. Now, I have to put my computer to sleep and turn it back on for this recognize the sound again.
m
l
!