CPU cooler

Someone recommended the Cooler Master 212 EVO for my AMD 8150 processor. I ended up getting the 212plus, it was a bit cheaper and specs I thought were about identical. As a newbie and on my first build I wasn't aware that the 8150 comes with a cooler. Can anyone tell me, is the Cooler Master a better pick, vs. the one it came with. My system is for video editing and won't be overclocked. Thanks.
5 answers Last reply
More about cooler
  1. The 212+ is MUCH better than the stock cooler (in both temperature and fan noise). The stock AMD coolers are some of the loudest coolers on earth, it seems.
  2. Thanks much. And for one more question...is the thermal compound that comes with the 212+ okay to use, or should I buy a compound with more of a silver base? Arctic ???
  3. ssamps said:
    Thanks much. And for one more question...is the thermal compound that comes with the 212+ okay to use, or should I buy a compound with more of a silver base? Arctic ???

The stock CM paste is just fine. AS5 would be slightly better, but not enough to get some, if you don't already have some.
  4. Thanks again.
  5. You're welcome. :)
Ask a new question

Read More

CPUs Cooler Master Cooling