xchen205

Honorable
Aug 15, 2012
I just got a super computer from local KIJIJI. After I re-install the operating system and update the bios. I found:

1. The fan noise is much bigger and seems not able to control the fan speed by the system or by setting the bios
2. I found there is a "447GB FUJITSU MARVELL Raid VD 0 SCSI Disk Device (SATA)" on the testing report. what's that?

The computer is very fast, but noising, please tell me how can i let the OS to control the fan speed !!! Thanks a lot

Operating System

MS Windows 7 Ultimate 64-bit

CPU

Intel Core i7 3960X @ 3.30GHz

RAM

8X4 (32 GB) Corsair vengeance LP DDR3 @ 1600MHz

Motherboard

ASUS P9X79 PRO (LGA2011)

Graphics

1536MB GeForce GTX 580 PCI-E

Hard Drives

2X 240GB OCZ Agility 3 (the seller said 4 on it, but I can only find 2X240GB)

1 x Matrox compress HD (how to use it, still learning

Optical Drives

LG 12x BLU-RAY 16X DVD WRITE COMBO SATA Device

Audio

Creative sound Blaster X-Fi Titanium w X-Fi 3.5 drive

Silverston Raven RV03 Case

Corsait HX1050 Power supply

Corsair Hydro Series H80 high performance liquid CPU COOLER

cl-scott

Honorable
The OS doesn't really control the speed of the fan, that's handled at the hardware level. Typically fan speeds go up/down based on the need. You also have a liquid cooling unit, which can sometimes be quite loud.

One thing you can do, if your case will allow for it, is to add a larger fan. Most computers come with 80mm fans, but if you put in a 120mm fan you can move the same volume of air at a much slower RPM, making for less noise. However, not all cases have the necessary mounting points for 120mm fans, so maybe you want to discuss this with the people who built your computer.

popatim

Titan
1: fan(s) may be directly connected to the PSU in which case they will run at max rpm. You will need a fan controller if you cant connect them to the motherbd.

2: this is your two 240gb SSD's in a raid0 conguration (ie - act as 1 really fast drive that is twice the size of the individual drives) 240x2 = 480gb but then you have losses due to formating/file system/and measuring.

btw. if you paid for 4 drives you better get them, two 240gb SSD's is upwards of $350 missing.

xchen205

Honorable
Aug 15, 2012
thank you very much.They did connect them to the motherboard. and i found the fan speed are always same what even how hot the CPU. Sorry what's the PSU? I only paid $1250 for this one, so I think its a very good deal. and 2 SSD are good enough