Can somebody please tell me if this is a good computer!! Thank you!

tyler626

Honorable
May 20, 2012
Hello, the time has come for me to buy a new computer. When it comes to computers, in my eyes they all look the same and I can't for the life of me distinguish the good, the bad and the ugly. So, I was hoping some of you who have a passion for computers can help me :bounce: ( I feel like if I go to a Best Buy and ask they are going to be biased and try and make me spend more money than necessary).

First off, things that you should know: I do very LIGHT computer gaming. I wanted to go for a computer that would play Diablo 3 very well, with no lag or hiccups. This is going to be the ONLY computer game that I download on to my new computer, because as I said before I'm no hardcore gamer. Other major things i'll be using this computer for is writing papers for school, and just surfing the web casually.

So, can any of you tell me... is this the computer that fits my needs of basically playing diablo 3 very well with no lag? I am open to any other recommendations, if you have any just say so!

Many people also tell me " make sure you have a good graphics card"...does this computer have a good graphics card for diablo?? and I always thought it was memory that made the game run smoothly...not graphics card...either way I don't know...PLEASE HELP! :ouch:

The Computer:

http://shopping.hp.com/en_US/home-office/-/products/Desktops/HP-Pavilion/H2M53AA?HP-Pavilion-p6-2120-Desktop-PC

thank you guys SO much! :D

jay_nar2012

Distinguished
Then this would be good for you.
It should play Diablo 3 fine but you have to play around with the graphical settings in Diablo 3.

And CPU, GPU and memory all matter in gaming but mainly GPU matters, so does CPU but not as much.

tyler626

Honorable
May 20, 2012

Okay thank you for your feedback! And this computer probably won't run Diablo on max settings how i want it to, but on low settings no problems, correct? Thank you

Hi :)

Thats got an A6 ...NO dedicated graphics card at all :)

Its NOT going to MAX anything....not ever...

All the best Brett :)

Yes lol.... I sell the damn things..... you have proof they WILL max any game...say BF3 as an example... ?

The 6530D (the iGPU) isn't maxing out many if any games. I'll go ahead and second that.

With Hybrid CF, it would have a better chance, though, but STILL not with BF3.

Edit: We're getting WAY off topic, though. D3 is the game in question here, and the 6530D should be passable for that. Won't max it out, but it'll be ok.

jay_nar2012

Distinguished
It could probably max out some older games like mass effect and assassins creed...

Probably not games that came out this year but compare BF3's requirements from Diablo 3's , Diablo can apparently run on Pentium Ds paired with NVIDIA GeForce 7800 GT and BF3 requires C2D as a minimum with a NVIDIA GeForce 8800 GT.

wr6133

Feb 10, 2012
It should run D3 but at pretty pants settings or at a lower res..... buying the right GPU to hybrid Xfire it may be a good idea if you got it.

I think you can do better for your money but as I'm from the UK I dont know the good sites in the US for pre-built kit, I checked newegg theres a few possibles but I'm sure a US member can help you more.

*EDIT for dumbass spellings*

tyler626

Honorable
May 20, 2012

Thanks for the info. Do you have any recommendations for me that are around the 500-700 price range?? thanks! :wahoo:

I am Uk based as well so you will be better off taking advice from one of the US experts here...

One will be along soon, I am sure...

The main thing is to buy a computer with a graphics CARD, ....doesnt have to be a huge one for what you want though...