Solved

Compatibility check before end of may purchase

Hi i am just trying to get a final check before i purchase the components.

If you have any recommendations that would be great!

Corsair HX-850 Power supply
Seagate SATA3 2Tb barracuda
Kingston 8G DDR3 1600MHz HyperX
Gainsward GTX580 Phantom 3072mb PCIe
Corsair Hydro H40 CPU Cooler
Intel 520 series120Gb SSD
Asrock z77-Extreme 6
Intel i53570k
Windows 7 Ultimate 64bit
Corsair 600t

MY PC will be used for gaming with web browsing and music and movie's

Thank you for all your help
13 answers Last reply Best Answer
More about compatibility check purchase
  1. I'd grab a 7950, 7970, or 680 instead of the outdated 580. All of those will perform better than the 580.
  2. I like it. Everything will work together great. In fact, I wish it were mine ;)
    Tom's Graphic Card Hierarchy Chart doesn't consider that GTX 580 such a slouch: http://www.tomshardware.com/reviews/gaming-graphics-card-review,3107-7.html
    Right up there with the HD 7950 and a baby step below the HD 7970. The GTX 500 series don't turn into antiques just because a new model comes out.

If you want to save a few bucks, dropping back to Windows 7 Home Premium OEM won't change a thing for gaming and the tasks you listed. But it doesn't look as if you are worrying about a few bucks.
  3. thanks for the replys this is my first complete build i have added things to my old pc's but i felt like it was time i built my own. I was considering droping down and saving some money and see what windows 8 is like but i am pretty set on everything else. i have a favouring for nividia so i will stick with the 580
  4. C_reid said:
    thanks for the replys this is my first complete build i have added things to my old pc's but i felt like it was time i built my own. I was considering droping down and saving some money and see what windows 8 is like but i am pretty set on everything else. i have a favouring for nividia so i will stick with the 580

Have you tried the Windows 8 RC that's offered? I did. I don't think I can get used that 'tablet' GUI. I ended up going back to Win7.

Sorry, meant consumer trial version, not RC version.
  5. I had a quick look but i havnt had any real time to sit down and go through the UI i dont think i will like the interface either
  6. i honestly don't like that low end water cooling solution; it has an aluminum cold plate.

i really would suggest sticking with air until you can afford a better solution.
  7. would the h70/80 be better?

I live in a tropical place and the temps get quite high so i wanted water cooling to stop my cpu from getting fried
  8. an H80 would be SSSOOOOO much better :)
  9. thanks for that i will make the swap
  10. C_reid said:
    thanks for that i will make the swap

here is one i just ran accross thats about the same price as the H40

Antec Kuhler H2O 620 Liquid Cooling System$61.99
    http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16835209049

are you able to get it? a review:
    http://www.overclockersclub.com/reviews/antec_kuhler_h20_620_review/4.htm
  11. I did some quick research and i think the h80 is the way to go
  12. Best answer
    C_reid said:
    I did some quick research and i think the h80 is the way to go

ok! cool.
    i will admit hoses and radiators are things i am not an expert at but i do know you want copper on that cpu for better heat conductivity.
  13. Best answer selected by C_reid.
Ask a new question

Read More

Homebuilt Compatibility Corsair Systems Product