Compatibility check before end of may purchase

C_reid

Honorable
Mar 13, 2012
Hi i am just trying to get a final check before i purchase the components.

If you have any recommendations that would be great!

Corsair HX-850 Power supply
Seagate SATA3 2Tb barracuda
Kingston 8G DDR3 1600MHz HyperX
Gainsward GTX580 Phantom 3072mb PCIe
Corsair Hydro H40 CPU Cooler
Intel 520 series120Gb SSD
Asrock z77-Extreme 6
Intel i53570k
Windows 7 Ultimate 64bit
Corsair 600t

MY PC will be used for gaming with web browsing and music and movie's

Thank you for all your help

Solution
G

ok! cool.
i will admit hoses and radiators are things i am not an expert at but i do know you want copper on that cpu for better heat conductivity.

box o rocks

Distinguished
Apr 9, 2012
I like it. Everything will work together great. In fact, I wish it were mine ;)
Tom's Graphic Card Hierarchy Chart doesn't consider that GTX 580 such a slouch: http://www.tomshardware.com/reviews/gaming-graphics-card-review,3107-7.html
Right up there with the HD 7950 and a baby step below the HD 7970. The GTX 500 series don't turn into antiques just because a new model comes out.

If you want to save a few bucks, dropping back to Windows 7 Home Premium OEM won't change a thing for gaming and the tasks you listed. But it doesn't look as if you are worrying about a few bucks.

C_reid

Honorable
Mar 13, 2012
thanks for the replys this is my first complete build i have added things to my old pc's but i felt like it was time i built my own. I was considering droping down and saving some money and see what windows 8 is like but i am pretty set on everything else. i have a favouring for nividia so i will stick with the 580

box o rocks

Distinguished
Apr 9, 2012

Have you tried the Windows 8 RC that's offered? I did. I don't think I can get used that 'tablet' GUI. I ended up going back to Win7.

Sorry, meant consumer trial version, not RC version.

G

i honestly don't like that low end water cooling solution; it has an aluminum cold plate.

i really would suggest sticking with air until you can afford a better solution.

G

ok! cool.
i will admit hoses and radiators are things i am not an expert at but i do know you want copper on that cpu for better heat conductivity.

Solution