Crysis 2 outpreforms Crysis 1? GTX 580

alverdeja

Distinguished
Feb 7, 2012
Am I the only one who is getting more FPS with Crysis 2 than 1? I'm running dx11 and hi-res textures on 2 with an minimum of 40fps while Crysis 1 will only max 50+ if I'm looking strait up or down(i.e, at the sky or ground), and averages at around 35fps. I've tried "alt+entering" out and then back, but nothing noticeable. According to Nvidia, the GTX 580 should average on Crysis 55fps and Crysis 2 at 42. Also, all of my other games meet, if not surpass, the benchmarks posted on Nvidia's website. If anyone has any suggestions I would love to here them :)
My build includes the following:
i5 2500k @ 4.5ghz
PNY GTX 580 1.5gb
ASUS p8z68 v pro gen 3
6gb DDR3 1333
Corsair tx650w

No you're the only one who has come up with it after such a long time.
Crysis is still the most CPU&GPU straining game , Crysis 2 as far as hardware requirements goes was absolutely nothing compared to Crysis.
This basically means that Cry Engine 3 was really not as demanding as Cry Engine 1 on it's hardware, thus the more FPS on even a rig that might barely play Crysis.
People have been reported being able to complete Crysis 2 with ease on machines that gave them unplayable frame rates for Crysis.
A lot of it may also be because of the optimization of the CryEngine 3 as compared to the more complex and base founding engine CryEngine 1 which was used for Far Cry and Crysis.