What is the best Cpu for ati 5450 card ?

Unitedkings

Honorable
Aug 15, 2012
Hello ,

I have just bought FXF HD 5450 ati graphic card but the problem is that i can't play new games . After searching on the internet , i have found that the cpu might affect the gaming . Any suggestions for a new Cpu , my budget is around 50$ .

I have searched on youtube and found that 5450 can handle some games that i lagg on it even with the lowest settings ...

here is my spec :

CPU :Intel Pentium 4 631 3.0 GHz
Cedar Mill 65nm Technology

RAM : 2.0GB Single-Channel DDR3 @ 400MHz

Motherboard : Gigabyte G41MT-S2P

Graphic card : ATI Radeon HD 5450

Thank you .

Here's the supported CPU's list for that board: http://www.gigabyte.com/support-downloads/cpu-support-popup.aspx?pid=3743

If you can find a mid to high-ish end Core 2 Duo (or even a Core 2 Quad) that it supports in your price range, that would be a nice upgrade.

Besides that, it's not really worth upgrading to anything else that it supports (MAYBE a high end Pentium Dual Core).

The 5450 really ISN'T that great though (bottom end, really). With a better CPU, you'll end up being bottle necked by the GPU quite badly, then.

The Radeon HD 5450 is not a gaming card. It is an entry level multimedia card that's meant for watching videos. Can you play games with it? Yes you can, but with low resolution an low quality graphics to get decent results.

The Intel Core i3-2125 CPU has an integrated graphic core (Intel HD 3000) that is basically as powerful as the Radeon HD 5450.

AMD has a line of CPUs with integrated graphic cores, but AMD calls them "APU" instead of CPUs (unlike Intel). The lowest model is the Llano A4-3400 and it has an integrate Radeon HD 6410D graphic core which is a little bit more powerful than the Radeon HD 5450 (10%, maybe 15% more performance at best perhaps).

Since your computer is so old you will need to build an entirely new system. For modern game it is considered a relic (i.e. beyond obsolete).

popatim

Titan
the 5450 isnt a gaming card. Its purpose was to be an HTPC card and most are passively cooled (no fan on them).

The 5670or 6670 would, in my opinion, be the begining (ie - real low end) of the gaming cards, but dont expect to game at high resolution, high quality, or high frame rates.