why dont xbox

why don't Xbox just change the disc or look for something that no one else
has seen if they are so worried about pirate games being made im sure there
are hundreds of ways of making it harder for game pirates

"nick and bec" <bec1309@bigpond.com> wrote in message
> why don't Xbox just change the disc or look for something that no one else
> has seen if they are so worried about pirate games being made im sure
> there are hundreds of ways of making it harder for game pirates

this is why drugs are bad

theone

actually...in a druken slumber sort of way....he has a point. This was
Gamecube's tactic and worked pretty much until this day. Likewise, they
will make it harder on the 360 if not by the arch alone, because they
will push Live so hard that many will not want to mod their boxes for
fear of getting banned. I will not fall into that category :) Although,
the Xbox 1 is so sweet for media playback, there may not be a reason to
mod the 360 to many, other then to play free games,

"nick and bec" <bec1309@bigpond.com> wrote in message
> why don't Xbox just change the disc or look for something that no one else
> has seen if they are so worried about pirate games being made im sure
there
> are hundreds of ways of making it harder for game pirates

in other words you have no clue what youre talking about..... yet you still
think people care

odd

theone

yeah I know, just heard recently a mod chip came out. before that it
was lackluster streaming via PSO which is why I sold my cube. So that's
what I meant by pretty much to this day in slightly more ambiguous
terms. I still couldn't justify buying a new gamecube, buying a mod
chip, and installing it just for resident evil which is the only game
I'd care to play on it. I'm still others feel the same with most of the
Gamecube's lineup which is why it gets SO much less spotlight than the
xbox mod community

"This wasGamecube's tactic and worked pretty much until this day."
Guess again, GC can be copied like any others now.

"theOne" <theone.usenet@gmail.com> wrote in message
> actually...in a druken slumber sort of way....he has a point. This was
> Gamecube's tactic and worked pretty much until this day. Likewise, they
> will make it harder on the 360 if not by the arch alone, because they
> will push Live so hard that many will not want to mod their boxes for
> fear of getting banned. I will not fall into that category :) Although,
> the Xbox 1 is so sweet for media playback, there may not be a reason to
> mod the 360 to many, other then to play free games,

On Thu, 16 Jun 2005 00:23:01 GMT, "nick and bec" <bec1309@bigpond.com>
Gave us:

>why don't Xbox just change the disc or look for something that no one else
>has seen if they are so worried about pirate games being made im sure there
>are hundreds of ways of making it harder for game pirates

Yeah.. right. After spending millions on a HARDWARE design, they
are just going to retrofit a fix... Sure. Think!