Did I mess something up?

Okay so I just started building my own pc. I have recieved every part except my CPU and GPU. Well today I decide to go ahead and put together the parts I already had and plug them into the power supply. After plugging everything in the way I thought was supposed to be plugged in, I proceeded to turn the pc on to see if bios would pull. I didnt know bikes required a CPU to run so nothing happened except my motherboard light turned on, my case fans turned on, and my power supply light turned on. I then realized that I need the CPU so I then proceeded to turn the power back off. I pressed the power button but it didn't turn off, something just clicked. I ended up having to unplug the power supply to turn it off. I am just wondering if something is wrong or if I messed up by started the pc without a CPU? I'm sorry I'm a major Noooooobbbb at this.
6 answers Last reply
More about mess
  1. Wow sorry about the grammar errors. My iPhone changes everything.
  2. Nah, you're fine. It should work once you install the CPU and RAM.
  3. aicom said:
    Nah, you're fine. It should work once you install the CPU and RAM.

Oh thank god. Someone told me that I probably damaged my motherboard my booting without a CPU. Thanks so much for relieving me of the worry.
  4. Quote:
    yeah, everything should be fine, dont worry! BUT do yourself a favor and spent about 30 minutes in youtube watching "how to build a pc" videos

Thanks bro. I beat u to the punch. I'm watching some right now. Man I thought that I would get yelled at on here after posting but I was wrong. Toms hardware people are respectful.
  5. Best answer selected by Destroyer432.
  6. LOL, sometimes they are.

Just make sure you watch a lot of those vids. Some can be wrong but if most say the same thing then its probably true.
Ask a new question

Read More

New Build Power Supplies CPUs Systems