dose xbox have anti virus

just thinkin if the xbox can be hooked up to the internet where there are
thousands of virus programes everywhere how dose xbox protect it self is it
worth linking up your xbox with com if it could be full of viruses so is
there really antivirus on xbox or is it that unsafe

theone

well, even if that were true (which it's not, I surf web sites all the
time on my box), it doesn't mean the xbox couldn't be exploited when
attempting to connect to others. That IS its vulnerability. Anyways,
there are not viruses written for the xbox to date.

"nick and bec" <bec1309@bigpond.com> wrote in message
> just thinkin if the xbox can be hooked up to the internet where there are
> thousands of virus programes everywhere how dose xbox protect it self is
> it worth linking up your xbox with com if it could be full of viruses so
> is there really antivirus on xbox or is it that unsafe

The Xbox doesn't browse the internet.
You only connect to other people's games.

On Thu, 16 Jun 2005 00:32:41 GMT, "nick and bec" <bec1309@bigpond.com>
Gave us:

>just thinkin if the xbox can be hooked up to the internet where there are
>thousands of virus programes everywhere how dose xbox protect it self is it
>worth linking up your xbox with com if it could be full of viruses so is
>there really antivirus on xbox or is it that unsafe

Viruses attack the windblows operating system. You will not find
that on the xbox.

One CAN install LINUX on their Xbox, and browse the web with it, and
VIOLA, no VIRUSES there EITHER!

That should tell you something.

"TokaMundo" <TokaMundo@weedizgood.org> wrote in message
> On Thu, 16 Jun 2005 00:32:41 GMT, "nick and bec" <bec1309@bigpond.com>
> Gave us:
>
>>just thinkin if the xbox can be hooked up to the internet where there are
>>thousands of virus programes everywhere how dose xbox protect it self is
>>it
>>worth linking up your xbox with com if it could be full of viruses so is
>>there really antivirus on xbox or is it that unsafe
>>

> Viruses attack the windblows operating system. You will not find
> that on the xbox.
>
> One CAN install LINUX on their Xbox, and browse the web with it, and
> VIOLA, no VIRUSES there EITHER!
>
> That should tell you something.

Macs run windows?

theone

OS X is based on a variant of BSD, not Linux But seeing as how much of
the corp sector considers Unix more secure than Linux, that might be a
moot point.

It's security through obscurity anyways :)

On Sat, 18 Jun 2005 19:13:56 -0600, "Mattinglyfan"
<Estoscacahuates@comcast.net (deez nuts)> Gave us:

>"TokaMundo" <TokaMundo@weedizgood.org> wrote in message
>> On Thu, 16 Jun 2005 00:32:41 GMT, "nick and bec" <bec1309@bigpond.com>
>> Gave us:
>>
>>>just thinkin if the xbox can be hooked up to the internet where there are
>>>thousands of virus programes everywhere how dose xbox protect it self is
>>>it
>>>worth linking up your xbox with com if it could be full of viruses so is
>>>there really antivirus on xbox or is it that unsafe
>>>

>> Viruses attack the windblows operating system. You will not find
>> that on the xbox.
>>
>> One CAN install LINUX on their Xbox, and browse the web with it, and
>> VIOLA, no VIRUSES there EITHER!
>>
>> That should tell you something.
>
>Macs run windows?

Is an Xbox a Mac? I never said anything about a Mac.

> On Sat, 18 Jun 2005 19:13:56 -0600, "Mattinglyfan"
> <Estoscacahuates@comcast.net (deez nuts)> Gave us:
>

>>"TokaMundo" <TokaMundo@weedizgood.org> wrote in message
>>> On Thu, 16 Jun 2005 00:32:41 GMT, "nick and bec" <bec1309@bigpond.com>
>>> Gave us:

>>> Viruses attack the windblows operating system. You will not find
>>> that on the xbox.
>>>
>>> One CAN install LINUX on their Xbox, and browse the web with it, and
>>> VIOLA, no VIRUSES there EITHER!
>>>
>>> That should tell you something.
>>
>>Macs run windows?
>

> Is an Xbox a Mac? I never said anything about a Mac.

Keep up with me buddy. You said "viruses attack winblows operating system".
Then you said that Xbox can surf the web with Linux and not get viruses. By
you saying "That should tell you something", you made an obvious
generalization that does not hold true as proven by Macs.

On Sat, 18 Jun 2005 23:51:34 -0600, "Mattinglyfan"
<Estoscacahuates@comcast.net (deez nuts)> Gave us:

>"TokaMundo" <TokaMundo@weedizgood.org> wrote in message
>> On Sat, 18 Jun 2005 19:13:56 -0600, "Mattinglyfan"
>> <Estoscacahuates@comcast.net (deez nuts)> Gave us:
>>

>>>"TokaMundo" <TokaMundo@weedizgood.org> wrote in message

>>>Macs run windows?
>>

>> Is an Xbox a Mac? I never said anything about a Mac.
>
>Keep up with me buddy. You said "viruses attack winblows operating system".
>Then you said that Xbox can surf the web with Linux and not get viruses. By
>you saying "That should tell you something", you made an obvious
>generalization that does not hold true as proven by Macs.

A MAC running a windows emulation program is NOT anywhere near the
same scenario.

Good luck getting a virus onto an Xbox running Linux. Try even
harder to get it to perform its malicious function.

As far as the Mac goes, it would seem that the damage is possible
because of access rights handling by them.

I rest my case.

> On Sat, 18 Jun 2005 23:51:34 -0600, "Mattinglyfan"
> <Estoscacahuates@comcast.net (deez nuts)> Gave us:
>

>>"TokaMundo" <TokaMundo@weedizgood.org> wrote in message
>>> On Sat, 18 Jun 2005 19:13:56 -0600, "Mattinglyfan"
>>> <Estoscacahuates@comcast.net (deez nuts)> Gave us:

>>> Is an Xbox a Mac? I never said anything about a Mac.
>>
>>Keep up with me buddy. You said "viruses attack winblows operating
>>system".
>>Then you said that Xbox can surf the web with Linux and not get viruses.
>>By
>>you saying "That should tell you something", you made an obvious
>>generalization that does not hold true as proven by Macs.
>>

> A MAC running a windows emulation program is NOT anywhere near the
> same scenario.
>
> Good luck getting a virus onto an Xbox running Linux. Try even
> harder to get it to perform its malicious function.
>
> As far as the Mac goes, it would seem that the damage is possible
> because of access rights handling by them.
>
> I rest my case.

Are you kidding me. Tom Snedden rested a better case. What you need to
concede in your closing argument is that Windows is not the only OS
susceptible to viruses which is what you inferred in your obviously anti-ms
post.

On Sun, 19 Jun 2005 10:12:10 -0600, "Mattinglyfan"
<Estoscacahuates@comcast.net (deez nuts)> Gave us:

>"TokaMundo" <TokaMundo@weedizgood.org> wrote in message
>> On Sat, 18 Jun 2005 23:51:34 -0600, "Mattinglyfan"
>> <Estoscacahuates@comcast.net (deez nuts)> Gave us:
>>

>>>"TokaMundo" <TokaMundo@weedizgood.org> wrote in message

>>>Keep up with me buddy. You said "viruses attack winblows operating
>>>system".
>>>Then you said that Xbox can surf the web with Linux and not get viruses.
>>>By
>>>you saying "That should tell you something", you made an obvious
>>>generalization that does not hold true as proven by Macs.
>>>

>> A MAC running a windows emulation program is NOT anywhere near the
>> same scenario.
>>
>> Good luck getting a virus onto an Xbox running Linux. Try even
>> harder to get it to perform its malicious function.
>>
>> As far as the Mac goes, it would seem that the damage is possible
>> because of access rights handling by them.
>>
>> I rest my case.
>
>Are you kidding me. Tom Snedden rested a better case. What you need to
>concede in your closing argument is that Windows is not the only OS
>susceptible to viruses which is what you inferred in your obviously anti-ms
>post.

List for us, the "viruses" that attack Linux systems.

> On Sun, 19 Jun 2005 10:12:10 -0600, "Mattinglyfan"
> <Estoscacahuates@comcast.net (deez nuts)> Gave us:
>

>>"TokaMundo" <TokaMundo@weedizgood.org> wrote in message
>>> On Sat, 18 Jun 2005 23:51:34 -0600, "Mattinglyfan"
>>> <Estoscacahuates@comcast.net (deez nuts)> Gave us:

>>> A MAC running a windows emulation program is NOT anywhere near the
>>> same scenario.
>>>
>>> Good luck getting a virus onto an Xbox running Linux. Try even
>>> harder to get it to perform its malicious function.
>>>
>>> As far as the Mac goes, it would seem that the damage is possible
>>> because of access rights handling by them.
>>>
>>> I rest my case.
>>
>>Are you kidding me. Tom Snedden rested a better case. What you need to
>>concede in your closing argument is that Windows is not the only OS
>>susceptible to viruses which is what you inferred in your obviously
>>anti-ms
>>post.
>>
> List for us, the "viruses" that attack Linux systems.

OMG. Are you kidding me? Do you read at all? WTF does that question have
to do with anything I have said?