AMD Phenom II X4 965 wont break 800Mhz

VanillaPimpin

Honorable
Aug 15, 2012
I just bought this the other day and it will not break 800Mhz even though its a 3.4Ghz per core processor. As far as I know it could be severely underclocked or I havent completely updated my bios. I went to my motherboard site's product page for my mobo and downloaded the instant flash for my mobo. Went in the bios and flashed it with the newest update on the website. Still the same 800Mhz. What do I have to do to get my processor working at the normal 3.4Ghz?

VanillaPimpin

Honorable
Aug 15, 2012
It is a BE (im assuming you mean black edition).I'm ashamed to admit the board but its an Asrock N68-VS3 UCC from a previous computer I had (the only thing besides the cd drive that I kept in my new build, and the RAM). I checked charts of it before I bought it to make sure the sockets are supported and that the board is compatible with the processor and it said they were.

VanillaPimpin

Honorable
Aug 15, 2012
Well Sh*t Didnt pay enoguh attention when I was looking it up apparently lol. Well thanks for all of your help ill be sure to get a new mobo in the meantime I hope Ill still have enough thermal paste to re-input it later.