Sign in with
Your question

ATI 7970 Flash help PLEASE!

Last response: in Graphics & Displays
February 25, 2012 8:24:42 PM

Hey guys! I'm trying to flash my 7970s. I have two in crossfire and i downloaded the latest version of ATIWINFLASH. I have those special overclocking bios from ATI but i have never flashed a card. WINFLASH keeps telling me it cant find any discrete cards. I'm not sure what i have to do do i need the switch in a curtain position? Or should i take one of the cards out and disable crossfire? Or both? If any one could shed some light on this i would REALLY appreciate it!!!

They are sapphire cards if that matters but as they are reference cards I don't think it should.

More about : ati 7970 flash

February 25, 2012 9:36:37 PM

You need to disable crossfire and put the bios switch in "away" position from crossfire connector, i think marked as "1" IIRC.

You don't need to take one card out, in my experience with 6950.

Make sure you backup your current bios first using ATIWINFLASH.
m
l
February 25, 2012 10:31:04 PM

Hummmm no go I even took the secondary card out. Tried the switch in both positions no go. I still get "no desecrate ATI card detected"
m
l
Related resources
a c 217 U Graphics card
February 25, 2012 10:40:37 PM

Exactly what are you flashing your 7970 bios to? What are you hoping to achieve?
m
l
February 25, 2012 10:51:29 PM

AMD release BIOS that allow you to overclock 7970 from the bios so you don't have to use a program like Trixx or afterburner.

Check the first one out:
http://www.legitreviews.com/article/1805/14/

Actually found the bios here:
http://forums.guru3d.com/showthread.php?t=359021

I was trying to do it because trixx drives me INSANE. Some times they are clocked some times they aren't it seems like it just randomly shuts itself down some times. I HATE it. Plus i think it would be cool to OC them in the bios so they are always like that even if they change comps, I reformat this that and the other thing.
m
l
a c 217 U Graphics card
February 25, 2012 11:09:35 PM

Ah, ok, that sounds good. I was hoping you weren't trying to do something like unlock shaders or what not, things that you can't do. I assume that means your card is very stable up to the CCC limit.
m
l
!