Xbox error#07: a little help...plz?

i software-modded my xbox and updated to a 60gig hd about 8 months ago.

Last weekend i paused the movie i was watching and left the thing on
for about 4 hrs. when i came back, the HD was going "click-click,
click-click, click-click" and so i turned it off because i thought it
might be too hot. The next day, i turned it on again but it would only
boot with error #07, the HD timeout warning. When I disconnected the
IDE...still clicks. When I disconnected power: no clicks (no duh). what
do i do? someone plz help me out here. i'm hoping it's just loose wires
or something. i've got to get my darling back.

thx
dano
3 answers Last reply
More about xbox error help

    LagMastah2000@hotmail.com wrote:
    > i software-modded my xbox and updated to a 60gig hd about 8 months ago.
    >
    > Last weekend i paused the movie i was watching and left the thing on
    > for about 4 hrs. when i came back, the HD was going "click-click,
    > click-click, click-click" and so i turned it off because i thought it
    > might be too hot. The next day, i turned it on again but it would only
    > boot with error #07, the HD timeout warning. When I disconnected the
    > IDE...still clicks. When I disconnected power: no clicks (no duh). what
    > do i do? someone plz help me out here. i'm hoping it's just loose wires
    > or something. i've got to get my darling back.

    It sounds like you have a dead HD. Do you still have the original one?

    Maybe your HD is on the blink. Sounds like its going bad...
    <LagMastah2000@hotmail.com> wrote in message
    > i software-modded my xbox and updated to a 60gig hd about 8 months ago.
    >
    > Last weekend i paused the movie i was watching and left the thing on
    > for about 4 hrs. when i came back, the HD was going "click-click,
    > click-click, click-click" and so i turned it off because i thought it
    > might be too hot. The next day, i turned it on again but it would only
    > boot with error #07, the HD timeout warning. When I disconnected the
    > IDE...still clicks. When I disconnected power: no clicks (no duh). what
    > do i do? someone plz help me out here. i'm hoping it's just loose wires
    > or something. i've got to get my darling back.
    >
    > thx
    > dano

    LagMastah2000@hotmail.com wrote:
    > i software-modded my xbox and updated to a 60gig hd about 8 months ago.
    >
    > Last weekend i paused the movie i was watching and left the thing on
    > for about 4 hrs. when i came back, the HD was going "click-click,
    > click-click, click-click" and so i turned it off because i thought it
    > might be too hot. The next day, i turned it on again but it would only
    > boot with error #07, the HD timeout warning. When I disconnected the
    > IDE...still clicks. When I disconnected power: no clicks (no duh). what
    > do i do? someone plz help me out here. i'm hoping it's just loose wires
    > or something. i've got to get my darling back.
    >
    > thx
    > dano

    Dude, your hard drive is f*#*@$.

    HTH,
    joe.

    If you lend someone $20 and never see that person again,
    it was probably worth it.

Console Gaming HD Xbox Video Games