Sign in with
Your question

Can I sli these 560 ti's?/Would it be worth it?

Last response: in Graphics & Displays
February 25, 2012 9:13:32 PM

Currently I'm running a 1GB Galaxy GeForce GTX 560 ti in my system. I just came about an extra 2G Palit GTX 560ti, and I was wondering if first: Can I sli these cards? and second: Would it be worth it? I was unsure whether or not the cards being a different brand and memory size matters with sli. And also if it is possible, is my 800W power supply sufficient?

My system specs:

Motherboard: Gigabyte X58A-UD3R
Processor: i7-960 3.20Ghz
RAM: 12GB DDR3 1600Mhz
PSU: Apevia 800W
HDD: 1TB SATA 3.5"
SSD: 30GB Kingston SATA 2.5"
Disc Drive: ASUS 8x Blu-ray combo
Fan Control: NZXT Sentry 2 5.25" touch screen
Water Cooler: Asetek 510LC 120mm
Case: NZXT m59

More about : sli 560 worth

February 25, 2012 9:15:30 PM

From nvidia's FAQ: Can I mix and match graphics cards with different sizes of memory?
No. For example, an XXXGT 512MB cannot be paired with a XXXGT 1GB in an SLI configuration.

So no, the 2g one will not SLI with the 1g one.
m
l
a c 181 U Graphics card
February 26, 2012 2:54:28 AM

It will to SLI both cards will SLI with each other. The only thing is the 2GB card will run as 1GB card he would not benefit from the 2GB of Vram and they have the same architecture there won't be any problems.

Edit: If your mother boeard (MOBO) supports SLI then you can SLI also your PSU has to support SLI or Cross Fire. Forgot to bring that up.
m
l
Related resources
February 26, 2012 4:24:56 AM

So would it be worth putting it in there you think? The 2g one is basically just gathering dust so its not like I'd have to buy anything new.
m
l
a c 88 U Graphics card
February 26, 2012 5:33:00 AM

Worth a try , throw it in , bridge it and if it works you will see a great performance difference once you SLI
m
l
a c 181 U Graphics card
February 26, 2012 7:17:41 PM

xMisterFeenyx said:
So would it be worth putting it in there you think? The 2g one is basically just gathering dust so its not like I'd have to buy anything new.

I would do that in a heart beat. Just make sure you have that little bridge that jumps from the first card to the second. It looks like a flat ribben cable. Here is a link to a lot of the bridges. It will give you an idea about it if you don't have one.

http://www.buycheapr.com/us/result.jsp?ga=us6&q=buy+sli...
m
l
a c 271 U Graphics card
February 26, 2012 11:24:03 PM

cyansnow said:
From nvidia's FAQ: Can I mix and match graphics cards with different sizes of memory?
No. For example, an XXXGT 512MB cannot be paired with a XXXGT 1GB in an SLI configuration.

So no, the 2g one will not SLI with the 1g one.

It's not recommended by Nvidia because there are a few cards where that rule applies but many people have SLi'd cards with different amounts of RAM with the only ill effect being that the system only sees both cards as having the lower amount.
m
l
!