Will this work?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Solution
First off the i7 is way overkill. You won't use but only 40% of that CPU. All the Gamers are using the i5 2500k. You get around 70 to 80% usage of it with plenty of room to grow.

The HD 6970 is a nice card. The only thing I don't like about AMD cards is there drivers on the high end side. But if you get lucky and eveything works out then no problem.

The i5 2500k will work with that card with out any issues as to the CPU keeping up with the GPU. You could even run a 7970 with out any problem.

Who every told you that you have to spend the same amount on a CPU as you do a GPU is nuts. Well I hope this helps and Good luck to ya

DM186

Splendid
First off the i7 is way overkill. You won't use but only 40% of that CPU. All the Gamers are using the i5 2500k. You get around 70 to 80% usage of it with plenty of room to grow.

The HD 6970 is a nice card. The only thing I don't like about AMD cards is there drivers on the high end side. But if you get lucky and eveything works out then no problem.

The i5 2500k will work with that card with out any issues as to the CPU keeping up with the GPU. You could even run a 7970 with out any problem.

Who every told you that you have to spend the same amount on a CPU as you do a GPU is nuts. Well I hope this helps and Good luck to ya

Solution
Status
Not open for further replies.