Phenom II X4 955???

tonytech6

Honorable
Jul 22, 2012
Hello I hope some of you are bored and want to solve and give some more input.

What do you all think of the AMD Phenom II X4 955(80$) For a basic build ready for any tasks.

Its is just for my girlfriends PC. Its only for Youtube, facebook games, Photo shop.... and ebay.

Trying to build a system for 400$

Solution
While more powerful than what your GF needs based on what she does, the Phenom II X4 955 is fine. Just let run at stock speed and if you GF needs/wants more performance in the future then just overclock it.

Who knows, in several years from now web browsers and the interent may be so overbloated that you need a quad core CPU to launch Firefox or Internet Explore in less than 5 minutes.

wr6133

Feb 10, 2012
Yes, but you can go MUCH cheaper with a Celeron G530.

Could go even cheaper again with a pen and paper

Hello I hope some of you are bored and want to solve and give some more input.

What do you all think of the AMD Phenom II X4 955(80$) For a basic build ready for any tasks.

Its is just for my girlfriends PC. Its only for Youtube, facebook games, Photo shop.... and ebay.

Trying to build a system for 400

It would be suitable for the tasks above especially photoshop where its going to beat celerons

While more powerful than what your GF needs based on what she does, the Phenom II X4 955 is fine. Just let run at stock speed and if you GF needs/wants more performance in the future then just overclock it.

Who knows, in several years from now web browsers and the interent may be so overbloated that you need a quad core CPU to launch Firefox or Internet Explore in less than 5 minutes.

Solution