Sign in with
Your question
Solved

Mobo HDMI vs. Gpu HDMI

Last response: in Graphics & Displays
February 25, 2012 10:52:39 PM

Hello y'all,
I want to hook up my computer to my Bravia through HDMI, but I am wondering what the difference is between the GPU HDMI and the mobo HDMI.
Does it mean that it takes the display options from the GPU or motherboard?
GPU: GTX 550 ti
Mobo: P8Z68-V LX
Thanks,
Gc

More about : mobo hdmi gpu hdmi

February 25, 2012 10:58:43 PM

If you already have the GPU installed, there is a lot of chance that you wouldn't even be able to get a output from your Motherboard.
Quality-Wise, they are both the same, but performance-wise, the GPU is a better option, and by far.

Hope it helps! :) 
m
l
Related resources

Best solution

a b Î Nvidia
February 27, 2012 3:49:25 AM

If you plug it through your motherboard, You will boot through and use the IGP in your processor, the Intel HD Graphics, which is ridiculously slow. If you have the 550 ti installed, you'd better plug it to the card so it boots through the 550 ti and use it. Then it's going to be fast :) .
February 27, 2012 10:14:35 PM

Best answer selected by GcMartini.
m
l
February 27, 2012 11:30:01 PM

refillable said:
If you plug it through your motherboard, You will boot through and use the IGP in your processor, the Intel HD Graphics, which is ridiculously slow. If you have the 550 ti installed, you'd better plug it to the card so it boots through the 550 ti and use it. Then it's going to be fast :) .

Question: So it will use the power of the integrated graphics and the 550Ti will be useless?
m
l
a b Î Nvidia
February 28, 2012 10:41:48 AM

Yes if the monitor cable is to the motherboard, because usually it boots through the IGP. Whatever you do, just make sure you plug it to the card to make 550 ti working.
m
l
February 28, 2012 11:00:28 AM

Just wanted to make sure, thanks.
m
l
!