Mobo HDMI vs. Gpu HDMI

gcmartini

Distinguished
Feb 14, 2012
Hello y'all,
I want to hook up my computer to my Bravia through HDMI, but I am wondering what the difference is between the GPU HDMI and the mobo HDMI.
Does it mean that it takes the display options from the GPU or motherboard?
GPU: GTX 550 ti
Mobo: P8Z68-V LX
Thanks,
Gc

Solution
If you plug it through your motherboard, You will boot through and use the IGP in your processor, the Intel HD Graphics, which is ridiculously slow. If you have the 550 ti installed, you'd better plug it to the card so it boots through the 550 ti and use it. Then it's going to be fast :).

bloc97

Distinguished
Sep 12, 2010
If you already have the GPU installed, there is a lot of chance that you wouldn't even be able to get a output from your Motherboard.
Quality-Wise, they are both the same, but performance-wise, the GPU is a better option, and by far.

Hope it helps! :)

If you plug it through your motherboard, You will boot through and use the IGP in your processor, the Intel HD Graphics, which is ridiculously slow. If you have the 550 ti installed, you'd better plug it to the card so it boots through the 550 ti and use it. Then it's going to be fast :).

Solution

gcmartini

Distinguished
Feb 14, 2012

Question: So it will use the power of the integrated graphics and the 550Ti will be useless?